Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
The March 2017 Flying Blue Promo Awards are out! But you can’t book them until tomorrow. And this month, they’re very limited (only 1 US city!).
Starting March 1, 2017, you can book Promo Awards for travel this upcoming May and June 2017. You will get discounts on award flights between Europe and cities including Chicago, Cancun, and Mexico City.
Even if you’ve never flown KLM or Air France, you may have points that transfer to the program. Because you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points, AMEX Membership Rewards points, Citi ThankYou points, and Starwood points to Flying Blue, at a ratio of 1:1!
I’ll tell you what you need to know about these discounted award tickets.
Flying Blue Promo Awards for March 2017
Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
Starting March 1, 2017, you can save 25% on award flights to Europe for travel between May 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017, from these cities:
- Cancun – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 23,125 miles less than Delta) OR 18,750 miles one-way in coach (11,250 miles less than Delta and United Airlines charge)
- Chicago – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 23,125 miles less than Delta)
- Mexico City – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 15,625 miles less than Delta)
But remember, there’s NO discount on the taxes and fees, which vary depending on the route. The fees are usually ~$200 at most for a one-way Business Class flight (so $400 for a round-trip). You’ll have to decide if the miles you save will be worth the taxes that come with your particular flight!
And you’ll need to click through the Flying Blue Promo Awards site to get the deal.
You can only book flights on Air France or KLM to get the discount with Flying Blue miles. You can NOT fly on other SkyTeam partners like Delta or Korean Air. And you must use Flying Blue miles to book your ticket!
To get this deal you’ll have to book your flights by March 31, 2017.
Not Enough Flying Blue Miles?
There are lots of ways to earn Flying Blue miles! The 4 major flexible points programs transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1:1. You can:
- Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points – You must have either the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Business Preferred, Chase Ink Plus (no longer available), or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Transfer Citi ThankYou Points – You’ll need the Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- Transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points – You’ll need cards like the AMEX Platinum, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, or AMEX EveryDay Preferred
- Transfer Starwood points – If you transfer 20,000 Starwood points at a time, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus.
You can book the latest Flying Blue Promo Awards starting March 1, 2017, from 3 North American cities – Cancun, Chicago, and Mexico City.
These award prices are much less than you’d pay for similar flights on Delta or United Airlines. But taxes & fees can also be higher. So take a look and decide if the award discount is worth the extra fees.
Do you plan to use this month’s promotions?