We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
So you have a few more weeks to make the most of the deal!
I’ll remind you of the details of this offer. And help you decide whether it makes sense for you!
Earn Bonus American Airlines Miles for Starwood Points Transfers
Through October 31, 2017, at 11:59 pm Central Time, you can earn up to an extra 30% bonus when you transfer Starwood points to American Airlines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll earn a 20% bonus on all Starwood points transferred to American Airlines
- You’ll earn 10,000 more American Airlines miles for every 100,000 miles received through transfers
That’s in addition to the 25% bonus you already get from transferring Starwood points to airline partners, including American Airlines!
You can read the full Terms & Conditions here.
Is It Worth It?
If you have a specific use in mind for American Airlines miles, this deal could definitely be worth it!
For example, you could transfer 20,000 Starwood points to American Airlines, and enough for a one-way coach award flight to Europe, which costs 30,000 American Airlines miles.
Just remember, it usually takes ~7 to 10 days for the miles to appear in your American Airlines account. So do NOT make the transfer if you need the miles immediately!
More Ways to Earn American Airlines Miles
Check out this post about more ways to earn American Airlines miles. And consider cards that earn American Airlines miles, including:
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard – 75,000 American Airlines miles after spending $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening (ending tomorrow, October 18, 2017!)
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard – 50,000 American Airlines miles after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account
- Barclaycard American Airlines Aviator Red – 60,000 American Airlines bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of annual fee within the first 90 days of account opening