Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I can’t believe more Southwest flyers don’t do this. It’s so simple. Just enter your credit cards into the Southwest Dining program. And each time you buy a meal with your connected card at participating restaurants and bars — you’ll earn Southwest points!
I’m doing this and Southwest points roll in whenever I happen to eat at a place in the program. Not only does this add to my Southwest points stash, it counts as earning activity and prevents my Southwest points from expiring.
Before I explain how many points you can earn with the Dining Program, here’s how to really ramp up the points. Consider these credit cards for your restaurant spending:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – bonus is worth ~$750 on Southwest, no annual fee in year one, 2X points at restaurants
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – bonus is worth ~$750 on Southwest, 3x points at restaurants
- Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card – $500 cash bonus after spending $3,000 in the first three months, 4% cash back at restaurants, no annual fee in year one
You’ll earn the bonus when you meet the minimum spending requirement.
So the deal here is: when you pay with one of those cards, you get a bonus at restaurants. AND you can enter the digits into the Southwest Dining program to earn Southwest points!
What’s great about the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve® in particular is the Chase Ultimate Rewards points you earn with them can be transferred over to Southwest. So when you earn 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can instantly transform them into 1,000 Southwest points towards your next free flight!
How to Earn Southwest Points with Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining
- You enter your credit card numbers into the site.
- You go to any restaurant on the list.
- You pay with the card.
- You earn Southwest points!
- 3 Southwest points earned per $1 when you sign up for email notifications from Rapid Rewards Dining or
- 1 Southwest point earned per $2 when you don’t opt in.
Plus there’s a limited-time offer going on now: Join Rapid Rewards Dining and earn up to 1,000 Southwest bonus points… sign-up, opt into Rapid Rewards Dining emails, register your credit card, and within the first 30 days:
- Earn 500 bonus points by spending $25 or more on your first participating restaurant visit.
- Earn 250 bonus points by spending $25 or more on your second participating restaurant visit.
- Earn 250 bonus points by spending $25 or more on your third participating restaurant visit.
Completing an online review is required within 30 days of each restaurant visit to earn bonus points. (These are super easy.)
Go here to join the Southwest Dining Program.
Eat. Earn points. Enjoy free flights on Southwest.
Double-up on this promotion by paying with credit cards that earn bonus points at restaurants:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – no annual fee in year one, 2X points at restaurants. Points transfer to Southwest.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve® – 3x points at restaurants. Points transfer to Southwest.
- Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card – no annual fee in year one. 4% cash back at restaurants.
All 3 of these are great credit cards so you really can’t go wrong. Everyone on our team here has either the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve. And I must say, that Savor card is really tempting me. Also, none of these cards have foreign transaction fees so they’re great to use when flying Southwest to places like Mexico and the Dominican Republic.