We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Live From a Lounge, some folks can earn up to 3,000 bonus IHG points for simply eating out!
I love dining promotions, because most of us enjoy restaurants anyway. So it’s like earning bonus points for living life!
Here are the details of this deal.
Earn Bonus IHG Points for Dining
Link: IHG Three Course Deal
With IHG’s latest dining promotion, folks new to the IHG Rewards Club Dining program can earn:
- 500 bonus IHG points for your first visit to a participating restaurant
- 1,000 bonus IHG points for your second visit to a participating restaurant
- 1,500 bonus IHG points for your third visit to a participating restaurant
Here’s what you need to know:
- Only folks new to IHG Rewards Club Dining qualify for this deal
- You must create an account and register a valid credit or debit card by October 5, 2017 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- You must opt-in to receiving IHG Rewards Club Dining emails
- You must spend at least $25 (including tax & tip) at a qualifying restaurant to earn a bonus
- You must pay for your meal with your registered card
- You must participate in an online survey within 30 days after your meal
- You are restricted to earning 1 bonus tier per day
I love that taxes and tips count towards the spending requirement! And this is a great way to keep your IHG points from expiring.
There are 1,000+ participating restaurants around the US. However, as Live From a Lounge points out, ~800 of those are in the New York City area. So depending on where you live, visiting a participating restaurant may be a little inconvenient.
Is This a Good Deal?
Honestly, this is quite a lot of work for a total of 3,000 IHG points. Free nights at IHG hotels start at 10,000 points (except for PointBreaks hotels, which cost just 5,000 points). And IHG points are otherwise NOT that difficult to earn.
For example, you can easily earn tens of thousands of points with IHG’s current Accelerate promotion. IHG also frequently sells points with a 100% bonus. And you can use this trick to always buy points for just ~0.6 cents each.
Plus, the Chase IHG credit card currently has an increased sign-up bonus of 80,000 IHG points after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
But if you do take advantage of this promotion, make sure you also use a credit card that earns bonus points for dining. Like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Cash Credit Card!
If you’ve never participated in the IHG Rewards Club Dining program, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus IHG points when you sign-up by October 5, 2017 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time and eat at participating restaurants!
There is some fine print, and it’s a bit of a hassle. But if there are participating restaurants nearby, you’ve got nothing to lose!