Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Double or Triple Southwest Points
You can earn double or triple Southwest points on all newly booked Southwest flights through November 20, 2014.
You have to register by November 20, 2014, and book your flights on the Southwest website.
There are NO blackout dates or flight restrictions. But you will NOT earn bonus Southwest points on tickets booked before the promotion started (September 18, 2014).
Although this is a targeted offer, some Million Mile Secrets readers who weren’t targeted, were able to register for the promotion. But you can NOT register for both promotions.
How Many Southwest Points Can You Earn?
You’ll earn points based on the type of ticket you buy.
So if you registered for the double points offer, you will earn:
- 12 Southwest points per $1 spent on Wanna Get Away tickets
- 20 Southwest points per $1 spent on Anytime tickets
- 24 Southwest points per $1 spent on Business Select tickets
With the triple points offer, you get:
- 18 Southwest points per $1 spent on Wanna Get Away tickets
- 30 Southwest points per $1 spent on Anytime tickets
- 36 Southwest points per $1 spent on Business Select tickets
But the bonus Southwest points do NOT count toward:
- Southwest A-List elite status
- Southwest A-List Preferred elite status
- Earning the Southwest Companion Pass
Redeeming Southwest Points
You can redeem Southwest points on any Southwest or AirTran flight. The number of Southwest points you have to redeem depends on the advertised price. Wanna Get Away (the cheapest tickets) award flights cost 70 Southwest points per $1. So 1 Southwest point is worth ~1.43 cents towards Wanna Get Away tickets.
You’ll earn the bonus Southwest points when you book your flights on the Southwest website between September 18, 2014, and November 20, 2014.
And you have to register by November 20, 2014.