We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
The points you earn can be used at ANY IHG hotel. IHG hotels include: Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, and Staybridge Suites brand hotels.
Here’s what a non-elite member was offered:
- 10,400 IHG points – Stay 10 nights at any IHG hotel
- 8,000 IHG points – Stay 2 Saturdays at any IHG hotel
- 4,800 IHG points – Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express hotels
- 2,600 IHG points – Download and book on the IHG app
- 2,000 IHG points – Apply for the Chase IHG card with a 60,000 point sign-up bonus
- 22,200 IHG points – When you complete 4 out of 5 tasks
You can also earn airline miles for this promotion. If you already earn airline miles for your IHG stays, you can earn up to 10,000 miles with this promotion. Otherwise you can call customer service at the end of this promotion to have your points converted to miles.
This could be a nice added bonus, if you already have IHG hotel stays planned. For this offer, if you can complete 4 tasks in 10 nights, you earn 48,000 IHG points. So if each night costs you $100, you would be paying $1,000 ($100 per night x 10 nights) for 48,000 IHG point or ~2 cents per point.
I would NOT complete the 5th task of signing-up for the Chase IHG Rewards card with a 60,000 point sign-up bonus after you complete the minimum spending. That’s because you can sign-up for the Chase IHG Rewards card and get 80,000 points after completing the minimum spending according to Flyertalk.
These are my thoughts on this particular offer, but your tasks are likely to be different.
Terms & Conditions
You can see the full list of terms and conditions on by clicking the “Terms” link on your offer page. But here are a few important restrictions to keep in mind:
- Stays must be booked through IHG or their website
- Stays must be completed by December 31, 2014
- Stays at a discounted rate and award stays do NOT count
- Stays completed before registration do NOT count
If you already have plans to stay at IHG, this could be a decent deal, depending on your offer.
You can register beginning September 4, 2014, (today!) and the promotion ends December 31, 2014.
Let us know what tasks you have to complete!