Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Let’s preview Daily Getaways week 5 and see if the deals are worth it!
How Does It Work?
Link: Daily Getaways 2015
Until April 24, 2015, a new deal will be available on the Daily Getaways website each weekday at 1:00 pm Eastern Time.
Be ready to buy! There are a limited number of deals, and once they’re sold out, the deal is done. Sometimes they sell out in minutes.
You can NOT buy a deal until the date and time they are offered.
Note: Last year, they offered a 10% discount when you used your American Express card. But the discount is NOT available this time.
Deals for Week 5: April 20 to April 24, 2015
1. April 20, 2015: Discount Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Stays
Want to treat yourself to a luxury hotel stay? You can buy Fairmont Hotels & Resorts stay certificates at 3 hotels in Arizona and Hawaii.
You could get:
- 3 nights at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (includes breakfast for 2) in Arizona for $610
- 6 nights at the Fairmont Kea Lani (suite) or the Fairmont Orchid (standard room) in Hawaii (both include breakfast for 2) for $1,780
The great thing about these deals is that you do NOT have to use the certificates all at once. You’ll get separate 1-night certificates which can be used together or separately (so you could do 3 nights at each Hawaiian hotel, for example).
And the certificates do NOT expire!
I checked the prices (including breakfast) at these hotels in June 2015. If you paid cash, it would cost:
- ~$731 for 3 nights at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- ~$4,827 for 6 nights at the Fairmont Kea Lani
- ~$2,628 for 6 nights at the Fairmont Orchid
You’ll save money with all 3 deals, but the Hawaii hotels will save you the most (over $3,000 at the Fairmont Kea Lani!). No wonder there are only 10 of each deal available!
2. April 21, 2015: Discount MGM Hotels Las Vegas Packages
If you didn’t get in on earlier Daily Getaways Las Vegas deals, you have another chance!
You could get:
- A 3-night stay in a Bellagio Suite at Bellagio for $1,500 (includes $400 fine dining credit, $500 spa credit, 2 tickets to “O” Cirque du Soleil, and limousine transfers)
- A 2-night stay in a Skyline Marquee Suite at MGM Grand for $1,545 (includes $300 dinner for 2 at Craftsteak, Pub 1842, or Shibuya, 2 spa massages, 2 tickets to “KA” Cirque du Soleil, and limousine transfers)
- A 4-night stay in a Tower Deluxe Room at the Luxor for $500 (includes $400 dining credit and 2 tickets to Jabbawockeez)
- A 3-night stay in a standard room at Circus Circus for $150 (includes daily breakfast and dinner buffet for 2, a $75 voucher for THE Steak House restaurant, and 2 passes to Adventuredome Theme Park)
- A 3-night stay in a 1-bedroom suite at ARIA Resort & Casino for $1,700 (includes dinner for 2 at Bardot, Jean Georges Steakhouse, Julian Serrano, or Sage, 2 tickets to Zarkana by Cirque du Soleil, spa treatments for 2, and limousine transfers)
I checked prices just for accommodations at each of these hotels, in the same room type. I did NOT consider the cost of extras, like meals, show tickets, spa treatments, or limousines transfers.
For the same number of nights at each hotel, you’d normally pay:
- ~$1,516 for a 3-night stay in a Bellagio Suite at Bellagio
- ~$1,167 for a 2-night stay in a Skyline Marquee Suite at MGM Grand
- ~$553 for a 4-night stay in a Tower Deluxe Room at the Luxor
- ~$251 for a 3-night stay in a standard West Tower room at Circus Circus
- ~$2,164 for a 3-night stay in a 1-bedroom suite at ARIA Resort & Casino
Except for the MGM Grand deal, you’ll pay more just for the room (not even including all the extras) when you book directly through the hotel. These Daily Getaways packages are an excellent deal!
Note: There are limited quantities available, and each hotel has different terms, conditions, and blackout dates. So read the fine print.
3. April 22, 2015: $1,000 Expedia Hotel Certificate and Elite Status
Here’s a great deal for Expedia hotel bookings which will sell out quickly. But there are some important restrictions!
You can get a $1,000 Expedia+ hotel coupon, and +gold status through February 2016, for $650 through Daily Getaways.
Paying $650 for $1,000 worth of hotel stays sounds like a great discount (35%), but the fine print says:
- Coupons can only be used to book a +VIP Access or Expedia Rate hotel
- Coupons can only be used once. Any leftover value is void
- A coupon can only be applied to 1 hotel room per booking
- Coupon values don’t apply to taxes or fees
- Once a coupon is used, it cannot be refunded
- Coupons can only be used on reservations paid for at time of booking
So you’ll have to use the $1,000 coupon on a single booking. You can’t split it up for different hotel stays!
And you can only use the coupon on +VIP Access or Expedia rate (prepaid) hotels. Bookings where you pay at the hotel aren’t eligible.
I wouldn’t book this deal unless I knew I had a $1,000+ paid stay coming up (and knew it was available on Expedia). That said, I bet this deal will sell out fast!
Remember, you likely won’t earn hotel points or elite stay credits when you book hotels on 3rd-party sites like Expedia.
The 5th week of Daily Getaways travel deals start April 20, 2015.
You could save money on Fairmont Hotels & Resorts stays in Arizona and Hawaii, MGM Resorts packages in Las Vegas, and Expedia hotel bookings.
Remember, these deals usually sell out quickly. And always do the math before you buy, because even though you’ll probably get a bargain, sometimes it’s not worth it.
And don’t forget to set a calendar alert for the deals you want.
Which of these deals is your favorite?