Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Delta has frequent award sales & promotions. So if you don’t want to miss the next one, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
This week’s Delta award sale doesn’t include any domestic or Caribbean flights, like we’re used to seeing. But there are a couple of European cities that it’s a bit more rare to see discounted flights for, like Milan. And you can book these deals from the West Coast (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and more), the Mid-West (Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, and more) or the East Coast (Boston, Atlanta, New York, and more). The official end date of this sale is December 26, 2018.
If you’re arriving to this sale a bit late, I would still take a second to search for any deals you’re interested in because the discounts often extend beyond the official end date.
If you don’t have enough Delta miles to take advantage of these cheap awards, here’s how you can earn them to be ready for next time! Or if you have an AMEX Delta card, you might be able to borrow the miles you need to book an award and earn them back later. And don’t forget, AMEX Membership Rewards points transfer at a 1:1 ratio to Delta.
Delta Sale to Europe
Book by: December 26, 2018
Travel dates: January 14 to March 6, 2019 (I was able to find discounted flights far beyond these dates)
You can fly round-trip on the following routes:
Taxes and fees on these routes run ~$45 to ~$180 per ticket. If you’ve got the miles, you can’t go wrong with these prices! Here is a link to the sale page.
I also found a few unadvertised routes as well, including:
- Chicago to Milan for 32,000 Delta miles
- Chicago to Brussels for 36,000 Delta miles
- Chicago to Paris for 38,000 Delta miles
- Dallas to Brussels for 36,000 Delta miles
- Dallas to Milan for 32,000 Delta miles
- Dallas to London for 32,000 Delta miles
- Los Angeles to Paris for 40,000 Delta miles
- Los Angeles to Milan for 32,000 Delta miles
- Los Angeles to Brussels for 36,000 Delta miles
- Los Angeles to London for 32,000 Delta miles
- San Francisco to Brussels for 36,000 Delta miles
- San Francisco to Milan for 32,000 Delta miles
- San Francisco to London for 32,000 Delta miles
- Seattle to Milan for 44,000 Delta Miles
- Seattle to Paris for 36,000 Delta Miles
There are certainly more unadvertised deals out there. So be sure to double check for flights from your home airport. I also found dates that extend WAY beyond the official travel dates of the sale. As an example, this is the award flight calendar from Chicago to Milan in September & October of 2019:
If you need more Delta miles, you can earn miles toward these flights with any of these cards:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
But currently these Delta card offers aren’t as high as they have been in the past, so you could earn AMEX Membership Rewards points, which transfer to Delta at a 1:1 ratio:
|Personal Cards||Business Cards|
|American Express® Gold Card||American Express® Business Gold Card|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express|
|Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card||The Business Platinum® Card from American Express|
|Business Green Rewards Card from American Express|
Just remember, you won’t earn the welcome bonus in time for this particular award sale. But if you apply now, you’ll be ready the next time a good deal comes around!