Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
We’re back with another daily dose of the deals you need to know about!
1. Flash Sale on Delta Awards to Hawaii
With Delta’s latest flash sale, you can book coach award flights to Hawaii starting at 33,000 Delta miles round-trip, although most awards are higher. To get this deal, you’ll have to book by April 12, 2018. The offer is valid for travel between August 14 and November 14, 2018.
Examples of participating routes are:
- San Francisco to Maui for 33,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Seattle to Kauai for 35,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Los Angeles to Maui or Oahu for 41,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Salt Lake City to Oahu for 51,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Minneapolis to Oahu for 51,000 Delta miles round-trip
Check the sale page to see a list of some participating cities and to view the blackout dates. If the route you want to fly isn’t listed, you’ll have to search the Delta site to see if it’s on sale.
These Delta awards normally start at 45,000 Delta miles round-trip, and increase from there. So if you were planning on booking awards to Hawaii with Delta miles, you’ll be able to save with this deal. But there are lots of better options for award flights from the West Coast to Hawaii if you don’t use Delta miles.
You can fly from the West Coast to Hawaii for only 25,000 British Airways Avios points. Or you could use just 24,000 Singapore Airlines miles. And you can book partner awards on Delta to Hawaii for only 25,000 Korean Air miles from anywhere in the US!
2. Delta Has Reduced Partner Award Prices to Europe
Delta isn’t the most user friendly loyalty program. They don’t have an official award chart, and they charge extra for partner award flights. But there is a bit of light shining through the Delta darkness.
Straight to the Points noticed this week that Delta had reduced the price of some partner award flights to Europe!
Currently they are charging:
- 32,500 Delta miles one-way in coach (2,500 fewer Delta miles than before)
- 75,000 Delta miles one-way in Business Class (10,000 fewer Delta mile than before)
You can get these prices for partner awards with airlines like Air France, KLM, and Virgin Atlantic. But not all routes to Europe have the discounted prices, so you’ll have to check where you want to fly to see if it applies.
Awards to Europe on Delta planes will still be cheaper than using Delta miles to book with their partners. And you can typically book flights with Flying Blue (KLM & Air France’s loyalty program) from the US to Europe for even fewer miles than booking the same awards with Delta miles.