We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. American Express Delta 70,000 Miles. Online Travel Review shares an easier way to get the Delta 70,000 mile offer.
As I wrote yesterday, some readers have had issues with getting matched to targeted American Express offers even when there has been a working landing page – for example, the American Express Hilton card with 50,000 points (instead of the regular 40,000 points), so your miles can vary.
Some of you will feel uncomfortable with changing the URL to this offer, while some won’t. As always, do what you feel comfortable with.
I’ll be sitting this out because I feel uncomfortable with changing the URL to get the better offer. However, I wouldn’t mind applying if I could get the 70,000 mile offer to show up while searching for a ticket.
2. Chase Southwest. The Chase Southwest Plus and Premier cards now offer only a 25,000 point sign-up bonus instead of 50,000 points. I’ve updated the links on the Airline Credit Card tab to the lower offer.
However, the 50,000 point offer has run ~4 times last year and every few months in 2012, so I fully expect it to be back soon.
The Southwest Companion pass is my favorite airline perk, and Emily and I have used our Companion Pass more than we intended to this year!
3. Barclay’s Virgin America. The 20,000 point offer on the Barclays Virgin America credit card has been extended indefinitely. 20,000 Virgin America points should get you ~$350 to $450 worth of tickets on Virgin America.
I’m not applying for the card because Virgin America doesn’t fly to Kansas City and because I’d rather save my Barclays application for their US Air credit card. But the card could be useful for some folks who don’t have many Barclays’ inquiries and fly (or want to fly) on Virgin America.
4. Bank of America Virgin Atlantic. Readers have commented that the link to the 50,000 mile offer for the Virgin Atlantic card no longer works. I like this card because you may be able to get it more than once and because you can transfer Virgin Atlantic miles to Hilton hotels at a 1:2 ratio.
The link to the 50,000 mile offer usually dies every 2 or 3 months, but I get an updated link via a marketing email from Virgin Atlantic. However, I still haven’t got one as yet!
I’ll give it another week before updating the link to the lower 25,000 mile offer. Please comment or email if you know of a link to the 50,000 mile offer!
5. American Express Hilton 50,000 points. A reader emailed me a link to an American Express Hilton credit card which offered 50,000 points (expiring in October) instead of the regular 40,000 points. I like this card because it is a fee free card from American Express so you can keep it for a long time. It also gets you access to discounted AXON awards from Hilton, which is great when paired with the free Gold status from the Citi Hilton Reserve card.
But I can’t find that email and the link! If you’re reading this, could you please send me the link again? I don’t like posting links to lower offers when I know of a higher offer.