We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Here are today’s travel deals!
1. Cheap Round-Trip Flights to Hawaii From the East Coast!
Right now there are round-trip flights to Hawaii for ~$325 from Cleveland, New York, San Francisco, and Houston! Participating airlines are American Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, and United Airlines.
The dates with the best fare prices extend well into December 2018. To find deals that fit your schedule, search on Google Flights. I did a quick search and had no problem finding flight deals from September to Early December 2018 from New York.
With prices as low as this, it can make sense to pay with points for your flights to Hawaii. You could end up paying fewer points compared to booking an award ticket. You’ll even earn frequent flyer miles while you’re at it!
If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can pay for airfare through the Chase Travel Portal for 1.5 cents per point. So the cheapest flights will only set you back ~21,667 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (~$325 airfare / 1.5 cents per point)!
Or, if you have The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN you can get a 35% rebate when you pay with points on your selected airline. You’ll need at least ~32,500 AMEX Membership Rewards points in your account to pay for the flight because each point is worth 1 cent toward airfare.
But if you purchase the flight with your selected airline (all 3 of the above airlines are options), you’ll end up paying as little as ~21,125 AMEX Membership Rewards points out of pocket after the rebate (~32,500 AMEX Membership Rewards points for the flight X 35% AMEX Membership Rewards points rebate).
Hat Tip: The Points Guy
2. Southwest 4th of July Sale!
Southwest sales are great because if you already have flights booked with them you can re-book at the lower prices for free. And because the price of Southwest award flights are tied to the cash price, you can save yourself some Southwest points too.
This sale ends on July 5, 2018, at 11:59 pm in the timezone of the originating city.
The important dates and terms are:
- Domestic travel valid from August 21 to December 19, 2018
- Travel to or from San Juan is valid from September 5 to December 6, 2018.
- International travel is valid from August 21 to December 12, 2018
- Blackout dates apply on August 31, September 3, November 20 to 21 & November 24 to 26, 2018
Some of the deals include:
- Long Beach to Las Vegas for $45 one-way
- Los Angeles to Oakland for $59 one-way
- Atlanta to Nashville for $59 one-way
- New York (EWR) to Chicago for $88 one-way
- Washington DC (IAD) to Orlando for $99 one-way
You can see the terms and other discounted flights on the Southwest website.