Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Announcing a bigger bonus on the United Airlines personal credit card!
With the new UnitedSM Explorer Card offer, valid through May 16, 2019, you can earn up to 60,000 United Airlines miles after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements!
After you earn the bonus, you’ll have more than enough miles for 2 round-trip coach flights within the continental US. Or a free round-trip coach flight to Europe!
Chase United Airlines Explorer Increased Offer
You can earn a bonus of:
- 40,000 bonus miles after $2,000 in spend within the first 3 months from account opening
- Additional 20,000 bonus miles after a total $8,000 in spend within the first 6 months from account opening
Spending $8,000 in 6 months can sound daunting to many folks, but it comes out to only ~$1,333 in purchases a month. However, it’s certainly NOT worth spending extra money just to earn bonus points. But you can likely spend a lot more on your credit card than you thought with purchases you’d make anyway! Check out our guide to meeting minimum spending requirements here.
The card also comes with:
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on purchases from United Airlines, and at restaurants, and hotels when you book directly
- 1 United Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- Free first checked bag for the cardholder and 1 companion – but you MUST use your card to pay for your ticket
- 2 United Club lounge passes per card membership year
- Access to an increased number of award seats
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit (up to $100)
The card’s $95 annual fee is waived the first year. So you can spend ~11 months deciding if you like it before you pay a dime!
Note: Chase will NOT approve you for this card if you’ve opened 5+ cards from any bank (NOT counting Chase business cards and certain other business cards) in the past 24 months.
If you achieve the full bonus, you’ll have at LEAST 68,000 United Airlines miles (60,000-mile bonus + 8,000 miles for completing the spending requirement). That can save you thousands of dollars!
For example, a one-way United Airlines Business Class saver award flight from Chicago to Paris costs 60,000 miles. If you paid cash, the same flight could easily run $2,000+! That’s getting a lot of value from a single sign-up bonus.
This is an exciting offer for the folks who can meet the spending. Just remember, it’s only available through May 16, 2019! Let us know if you apply!
To stay up to date on the latest credit card offers, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter!