We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Let’s see what you can get with this card and if you should apply.
What’s the Deal?
Link: Chase Fairmont Visa
Link: Fairmont Hotels
Fairmont is a smaller, upscale brand with hotels in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
And the $95 annual fee is now waived for the 1st year.
Note: There are blackout dates (depending on the hotel) where you can NOT use the complimentary night certificates.
You’ll also get:
- 5 Fairmont points per $1 you spend at Fairmont
- 2 Fairmont points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, car rental agencies, and local transit / commuting
- 1 Fairmont point per $1 you spend on everything else
- A complimentary night at any Fairmont hotel (subject to blackout dates) if you spend $12,000 or more in a cardmember year
- Fairmont President’s Club Premier Elite status (room and suite upgrades, dining credits)
- Stay credits (up to 2 per calendar year) toward Platinum Elite status when you spend $7,500 on the card
- No foreign transaction fees
Should You Apply?
It depends! Fairmont doesn’t have a lot of hotels compared to other chains, so I wouldn’t rush to get this card unless you have a use for the 2 complimentary nights, or collect Fairmont points.
That said, Fairmont hotels are very nice! And 2 complimentary nights from a card that waives the annual fee the 1st year is an excellent deal. Just be mindful of the blackout dates!
For example, a 2-night stay at the Fairmont San Francisco can cost over $1,000! That’s a great value from 1 credit card sign-up bonus.
There are other cards like the Chase Hyatt and Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card which also offer a sign-up bonus of 2 nights at almost any of their hotels. And the Chase Hyatt card also waives the annual fee for the 1st year and comes with an anniversary night (no minimum spending required!).
The $95 annual fee on the Chase Fairmont card is now waived for the 1st year.
With this card, you’ll earn 2 complimentary nights at any Fairmont hotel after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
If you already have a lot of other hotel cards, this might be a good card for you. Just remember there aren’t as many Fairmont hotels as other brands!
Do you have a favorite Fairmont hotel? Please share your experiences in the comments!