Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Today is the last day to book Hyatt hotel award stays at the old price. The new award chart starts from tomorrow & increases the number of points needed for many hotels.
See this post for more details on the changes to the Hyatt Award chart.
The good news is that even if you book a hotel today (at the old prices), you have until February 15, 2014 to make changes to your reservation, and still pay the old price!
– No changes to standard room redemptions for category 1 to 4 hotels.
– Category 5 hotels increase by 2,000 Hyatt points for a regular room from 18,000 points to 20,000 points.
– Category 6 hotels increase by 3,000 Hyatt points for a regular room from 22,000 points to 25,000 points.
– 6 hotels in a new category 7 which cost 30,000 points for a regular room instead of 22,000 points.
– Club Room & Suite upgrades on paid stays increase from 3,000 points and 6,000 points for up to 4 days, to 3,000 and 6,000 points for each night.
– Redeeming Hyatt points for Club Rooms & Suites becomes MUCH more expensive. But let’s face it. Not many of us pay extra points for a suite or club room.
6 Hotels to Cost 30,000 Points (36% Increase) In New Category 7
6 of Hyatt’s most expensive and talked about Park Hyatt hotels will cost 30,000 points for a standard room, from January 7, 2014 instead of 22,000 points. This is an increase of 8,000 points or 36%.
Remember that you can still book at the old rate of 22,000 points today!
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
- Park Hyatt Milan
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendome
- Park Hyatt Sydney
- Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Park Hyatt Zurich
Emily and I have stayed in the Milan, Paris and Zurich Park Hyatt hotels. We’re glad we redeemed points to stay in a $600+ hotel room which wouldn’t be possible if we paid cash.
You still have a day to book your Hyatt hotel award stays at the old rates. If you book by today, you have until February 15, 2014 to make changes to your reservation and still pay the old price!
See this post for more details on the changes to the Hyatt award chart. I just booked a few trips last night!