Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
This page includes information about the Discover products that are not currently available on Million Mile Secrets and may be out of date.
Find out more about Amazon Prime Day, and how you may be able to save even if you aren’t a Prime member!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Amazon Prime Day
Starting today, July 15, 2015, at 12:00 am Pacific Time, Prime members can take advantage of special savings at Amazon.
Amazon posted a few examples of discounts you’ll find on their Prime Day Facebook page:
- 32 inch Smart HDTV – under $200
- Chromebook laptops – $199
Ways You Can Increase Your Savings!
For example, you can earn up to 6.6% cash back in some Amazon categories when you shop through TopCashBack!
Earn Bonus Points With Your Credit Card
You can also save by paying with a card that earns bonus points or cash back!
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores (and US cellphone service). Office supply stores like Staples carry Amazon gift cards.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in spending each card year; then 1%), which often sell Amazon gift cards. Terms apply.
- Chase Freedom – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at gas stations (and Kohl’s), when you activate, on up to $1,500 on spending through September 30, 2015. And some gas stations carry Amazon gift cards.
- Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores. Office supply stores like Staples carry Amazon gift cards.
- Discover it® Cash Back – Enroll every quarter to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases made in various categories throughout the year. New cardholders and current holders who already signed-up for this promotion will get their cash back matched at the end of their first 12 billing cycles.
Don’t Have an Amazon Prime Membership?
Walmart is countering with their own big sale today. And other retailers may follow!
So if you aren’t an Amazon Prime member, you may still find great deals!
But keep in mind, Walmart does NOT fall into bonus categories for most credit cards. But you can earn points with a card that earns a bonus on every purchase such as:
- Citi Double Cash Card – 1% cash back for all purchases and another 1% cash back for all payments
- Discover it® Miles – 1.5% back on all spending, matched at the end of your first 12 months.
The information for the Discover it Miles card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Walmart will have over 2,000 items on sale and they are reducing their free shipping minimum spending requirement from $50 to $35 for at least 30 days!
Amazon Prime members can save on thousands of items at Amazon, today only! Folks who don’t have an Amazon Prime membership, can still save at Walmart.
Let me know if you find any great deals today!