Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: A credit card offer in this post may no longer be available, but check the Hot Deals for the latest offers!
Via Million Mile Secrets’ reader Nick, there’s a better offer available for the Chase United Explorer card.
Chase recently increased the sign-up bonus on the card to 50,000 miles after you spend $2,000 in the 1st 3 months. Plus you get an extra 5,000 points for adding an authorized user.
But this new offer also includes a $50 statement credit after your 1st purchase! You’ll still get 50,000 miles after meeting minimum spending requirements, and get the extra 5,000 miles for an authorized user.
What’s the Deal?
Link: Chase United Explorer With 50,000 Mile Bonus AND $50 Statement Credit
This new offer with a $50 statement credit is better than my link for the card. But Emily and I will always tell you about a better offer, even when it doesn’t earn us a commission.
With this new offer, you’ll get:
- 50,000 miles after you spend $2,000 in the 1st 3 months
- $50 statement credit after your 1st purchase
- 2 miles per $1 you spend on United Airlines
- 1 mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- 5,000 miles when you add an authorized user
- Free 1st checked bag saves up to $100 per round-trip
- Priority boarding
- 2 United Club lounge passes per year
- Access to more award seats on United Airlines
- 10,000 bonus United Airlines miles when you spend more than $25,000 on the card each year
- $95 annual fee, waived for the 1st year
- No foreign currency fees
The 50,000 sign-up bonus on this card could get you:
- 2 round-trip domestic (Mainland US and Canada) coach class tickets (25,000 miles each)
- 2 1-way coach class tickets to Hawaii from the Mainland US (22,500 miles each)
- A 1-way saver award coach class ticket to South America, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, India, or Australia (between 20,000 and 42,500 miles)
However, this offer seems to redirect to the United website, so it may not work for everyone.
What If You’ve Already Applied?
If you’ve applied using our link (without the $50 statement credit), you could send Chase a secure message from your online account, or call them and ask them to match the better offer. They’re usually pretty good about matching offers if you’ve recently applied.
There’s a better offer for the Chase United Explorer card that includes the 50,000 miles sign-up bonus, plus a $50 statement credit.
Our link doesn’t include the statement credit, but we’ll always tell you about a better deal even if it doesn’t earn us a commission.
If you’ve already been approved for an offer without the statement credit, you could call or secure message Chase and see if they’ll match the higher offer.
Thanks, Nick, for letting us know about the better offer!