Best of Million Mile Secrets – February 2014
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Here are the most interesting and useful posts for February 2014.
1. How 3 cards can get you 100,000 miles and $890 in statement credits.2. You learned the 8 simple steps to get ~ 2 years of (almost) free flying. The 50,000 point offers are likely to go away (for now) on March 5, 2014 i.e. Wednesday!
3. You could get ~$600 in free flights thanks to the US Olympic team!
4. We learned how to get Free Hilton Gold status, 2 free nights and a $100 Statement Credit!
5. You can earn free United Miles, if you have lots of time.
6. Do you know which Southwest card you should you get?7. Go ahead and charge it because Citibank doesn’t charge a cash advance fee for buying gift cards and Vanilla Reloads from stores. 9. There’s still time to book your Club Carlson hotel for less points. 10. How to get the sign-up bonus on a business card, if you already have the personal version.
Bonus!11. I told you the secret to avoiding airline transfer fees.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)