Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Part of my personal credit card strategy is to earn transferable rewards like AMEX Membership Rewards points because they provide me with the flexibility I need when it comes to booking award travel. I’m also a small business owner, so I focus on earning even more travel rewards with business credit cards.
AMEX small business cards are extra appealing because they don’t appear on your personal credit report. So opening cards won’t hurt your chances of being approved for Chase cards.
For these reasons, I believe all small business owners should hold an AMEX Membership Rewards earning business card. Why miss out on another way to earn even MORE free travel for expenses you’ll pay anyway?
The Business Platinum® Card from American Express and The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express are my 2 favorite AMEX Membership Rewards earning small business card picks. Depending on your spending habits and travel goals, I’m certain at least one of these will make sense for you!
Earn More AMEX Membership Rewards Points With American Express Small Business Cards
1. The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
Read our review of the AMEX Business Platinum
The Business Platinum® Card from American Express comes with lots of great perks, making it (in my opinion) the best premium small business credit card.
With the AMEX Business Platinum card, you’ll earn:
- 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
- 25,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases within the same time frame.
Plus, you’ll get these perks which are unique to the business version of the AMEX Platinum card:
- 1.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+ (up to 1,000,000 additional points per calendar year)
- 35% of your points back for ALL First Class or Business Class flights booked through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- 35% of your points back for all flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year)
I saved nearly 125,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points with the 35% rebate last year alone! So I’ve decided to keep my AMEX Business Platinum card for the third year in a row.
Check out our review of the AMEX Business Platinum card here.
2. The AMEX Blue Business Plus Card
For a no-annual-fee card business card (See Rates & Fees), The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express card can’t be beaten.
The AMEX Blue Business Plus card comes with:
- 2 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year (then 1X AMEX Membership Rewards point on all purchases)
- NO annual fee (See Rates & Fees)
- Terms Apply
Having an AMEX card that earns 2X points per $1 on $50,000 in purchases per year is an excellent deal. Similar small business cards have a lower earning rate for ongoing purchases.
I was able to max out the 2X points per $1 on $50,000 in purchases with a number of large business expenses that came up last year. And I used the bonus AMEX Membership Rewards points I earned to travel to spots like Colorado, California, and Europe!
You can read an in-depth review of the AMEX Blue Business Plus card here.
Just remember, you’re only eligible to earn the welcome bonus ONCE per person, per lifetime on each American Express card. So it’s worth applying for these cards when their bonuses are at their highest, and when you know you can meet the minimum spending requirements!
For the rates and fees of The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express, please click here.