Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
With Black Friday deals now in full swing, one deal has popped up that might be hard to turn a blind eye to. For just $1 you can get a 2-month subscription to The Wall Street Journal. Taking advantage of this offer through various airline shopping portals would mean earning up to 1,200 airline miles for just $1.
All the major airlines have increased their Wall Street Journal sign-up bonuses too, by 150 to 200 miles each, making this a great time to take advantage of this deal. Especially if you want to pick-up some American Airlines miles cheaply.
If you want to learn about more deals like this one, subscribe to our newsletter and get them delivered to you daily.
Quick & Easy American Airlines Miles (And Other Airline Miles Too)
The number of miles you earn will vary by airline:
- American Airlines: Earn 1,200 Miles (usually 1,000 miles)
- Alaska Airlines: Earn 900 Miles (usually 700 miles)
- Southwest Airlines: Earn 900 Miles (usually 700 miles)
- Delta Airlines: Earn 750 Miles (usually 600 miles)
- United Airlines: Earn 650 Miles (usually 500 miles)
Overall this is a great deal for American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, and Southwest. Unfortunately, I think that the Delta and United Airlines offerings seem a bit weak.
Your subscription must be active for at least 45 days for you to earn the bonus. So if you don’t want to keep the subscription, you can cancel before the 2-month trial period ends. You will need to call into The Wall Street Journal in order to cancel (you can not cancel online).
Here are the details:
- Valid until December 2nd, 2018
- There are no refunds on the $1 trial subscription fee
- At the end of the 2-month period, the subscription will automatically change to a monthly subscription and your card will be charged based on the terms found on the offer page
- Trial subscription must remain active for 45 days to receive bonus points
- Limited to 1 trial subscription per loyalty account
This is a great way to earn bonus miles for an award you’re just short of or to keep your current stash of miles from expiring. The 2 month trial subscription is also a very good amount of time to see if you enjoy and can get value from a Wall Street Journal subscription, so I think this is a great deal.
Million Mile Secrets team members Jason and Meghan both plan on taking advantage of this offer. Do you plan to get in on this deal, and which airline will you choose to earn miles with?
If you’re looking for some quick and easy American Airlines miles, check out the bonuses on these cards: