Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. 1,000 miles for new American Airlines accounts. Jim (thanks, Jim!) writes in to say that there is a 1,000 mile bonus for new AAdvantage accounts when you use promotion code “ETD10.” It took 2 months for the miles to post as “NEW MEMBER BONUS – ETDS PROMO.”
2. Delta Points. DeltaGoldFlyer aka René is an enthusiastic commenter on many blogs and I’ve often wondered why he did not just get his own blog! Well, he now has his own blog, Delta Points, where he will explain all things Delta.
3. No More US Air Miles for Amazon Shopping. Alert Million Mile Secrets readers Christine, Clay & Slava (thanks!!) pointed out a few days ago that Amazon.com was no longer available on the US Air shopping portal. Yesterday, View From the Wing explained what happened. For now, we can earn 1 Hawaiian Airline mile per $1 spent at Amazon via the Hawaiian Airline shopping mall which can be transferred to 2 Hilton Honors points.
4. 1,000 Bonus Miles From AAdvantage Shopping Portal. Ken (Thanks, Ken!!) writes in to let us know that there is up to a 1,000 mile bonus when you use the American Airlines shopping portal. You can also earn double miles with selected retailers including Macy’s (10 miles total). I’m not a shopper, but I know that my mom and Emily like Macy’s (or is that J.C. Penny’s?)
5. What do you want? Cheap flights are great, but don’t expect high levels of service with them. Scott Mayerowitz writes about the different treatment between first class and economy class passengers. He writes, “But for the vast majority of passengers, the gap is growing between the front of the plane and the back. That’s because the airlines know what matters to the average traveler. And it’s not caviar.”
- Why Redeeming Miles for Domestic US Travel Makes Sense
- Southwest 50,000 Point Deal Still Alive & Companion Pass Strategy
- Use Points For An Overwater Bungalow At The InterContinental Thalasso In Bora Bora.