Discounts on Thousands of Items on Amazon Prime Day!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
This page includes information about the Discover it® Cash Back that is not currently available on Million Mile Secrets and may be out of date.
Are you an Amazon Prime member?
Or you can sign-up for Amazon Prime before then and be eligible for what Amazon is saying will be similar to Black Friday.
Let’s take a look at what you can expect on Prime Day!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Sign-Up for Amazon Prime
Link: Prime Day
With Amazon Prime you get free 2-day shipping on qualifying purchases and free streaming of select movies and TV shows. Membership costs $99 per year and $49 per year for students.
And on July 15, 2015, Amazon Prime members can get discounts on lots of items. The sale starts at 12:00 am Pacific Time, with new deals throughout the day.
We’ll have to wait to see how much you can actually save!
How You Can Save Even More at Amazon!
Go Through a Shopping Portal
Update: You can currently earn up to 6.6% cash back in some Amazon categories when you shop through TopCashBack!
Use the Right Card
You can also save by paying with a card that earns bonus points or cash back!
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores (and US cellphone service). Office supply stores like Staples carry Amazon gift cards. Terms apply.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in spending each year; then 1%), which often sell Amazon gift cards. Terms apply.
- Chase Freedom – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at gas stations (and Kohl’s), when you activate, on up to $1,500 on spending through September 30, 2015. And some gas stations carry Amazon gift cards.
- Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores. Office supply stores like Staples carry Amazon gift cards.
- Discover it® Cash Back – 5% cash back at Amazon on up to $1,500 in spending, through September 30, 2015. New cardholders and current holders who already signed-up for this promotion will get their cash back doubled at the end of their 1st 12 billing cycles for an effective 10% cash back
Amazon Prime members get free 2-day shipping on qualifying purchases as well as select streaming movies, TV shows, and books.
And now they have their own day, Prime Day on July 15, 2015, where they can get exclusive discounts!
You can add to the savings by going through a shopping portal and paying with a card that will give you bonus points!
I’m looking forward to seeing how much you can save! Let me know if you find any amazing deals!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)