We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Priority Club released their new PointsBreak list for hotels. Hotels on the PointsBreak list cost only 5,000 points for a night (the regular rate is 10,000 to 50,000 points)!
You can get Priority Club points by:
- Using Cash & Points to buy points for 0.7 cents per point.
- Transferring Ultimate Rewards points from your Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Bold or JP Morgan Select.
- Transferring points from your American Express Membership Rewards account (through June 30, 2012)
- Applying for the Priority Club credit card for 60,000 to 80,000 points. It also includes a free night every year, after your 1st year which makes up for the annual fee.
Usually, transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards or Membership Rewards to Priority Club is not the best value, but it certainly could make sense for hotels on the PointsBreak list.
Interesting hotels on the list include:
- Crowne Plaza, in Belem Brazil and Guatemala
- Crownse Plaza Dubai
- Hotel Indigo, Atlanta
- Hotel Indigo, Boston
- InterContinental Cairo
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- InterContinental Houston Galleria
- InterContinental Kuala Lampur
- InterContinental Mauritius
- InterContinental Real Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- InterContinental Buenos Aires Nordelta Tigre, Argentina
There are also quite a few hotel in the US on the list. If you’ve got the Southwest Companion pass, the PointsBreak list is a great way to cheaply visit a new city in the US.
Don’t count on all the hotels on the PointsBreak list being available until July 31, 2012, because hotels may sell out and be removed from the list at any time.