Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
INSIDER SECRET: When you take advantage of the Pay With Points feature on The Business Platinum® Card from American Express you’ll get a 35% points rebate on eligible flights (up to 500,000 points back per year) and you’ll still earn frequent flyer miles on your free flight.
Good news for those who love collecting Amex Membership Rewards points: The 100,000-point offer on The Business Platinum® Card from American Express is back, and it’s valid through December 4, 2019.
This is the highest public offer we’ve seen for this card — 25,000 more Amex Membership Rewards points than the most recent welcome bonus. And the points you’ll earn from the welcome offer plus meeting minimum spending requirements can easily get you over $1,800 worth of airfare (and potentially much more).
Here’s what you need to know.
100,000-Point Amex Business Platinum Card Offer
With the limited-time increased offer on the Amex Business Platinum card, you’ll earn:
- 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend an additional $15,000 on qualifying purchases within the same time frame
AMEX Membership Rewards points are popular transferable points to collect because you get the flexibility to redeem points for award travel with any of the 19 AMEX airline or hotel partners.
This is a great deal because the points you’ll earn from the welcome offer and minimum spending are worth nearly $2,000 towards select air travel paid for with points through the AMEX travel portal, and potentially much more if you know the best ways to use AMEX Membership Rewards points. For example, the intro offer alone is more than enough points for a one-way Business Class ticket to Europe, which can easily cost $2,500+.
Plus, with the AMEX Business Platinum card, you’ll also get:
- 1.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+ (up to 1 million additional points per calendar year)
- 5X AMEX Membership Rewards points when you book airfare and prepaid hotels through the AMEX travel portal
- 35% of your points back for all First Class or Business Class flights booked through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- 35% of your points back for all flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points (up to 500,000 total combined AMEX points rebated per calendar year)
- Up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food and drink, etc.)
- Ability to book hotel stays through AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts
- AMEX Platinum Concierge
- AMEX Premium Roadside Assistance
- Access to airport lounges (Delta, Priority Pass, Escape Lounges, Airspace and American Express Centurion Lounges)
- Bonus points or statement credits when taking advantage of an AMEX Offer
- Rental car privileges with Avis, National and Hertz
- Free Hilton Honors Gold elite status (free breakfast and upgrades when available)
- Free Starwood Gold elite status, which you can use to instantly match to Marriott Gold elite status
- 10 free Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi passes each calendar year
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck (up to $100 every four years)
- Terms and limitations apply
This card has a $450 annual fee (see rates & fees), which is not waived the first year. But the statement credits, airport lounge access and savings from AMEX Offers can easily offset the fee. And it won’t hurt your chances of being approved for Chase cards in the future.
I’ve held onto this card for 3+ years because I’ve always found value in paying the annual fee to continue taking advantage of the card’s perks. For example, I spent a weekend in San Francisco and had a blast pampering myself by using the AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts program benefit that comes with the card.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this big offer for the AMEX Business Platinum card? Let us know in the comments below.
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
For the rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card from American Express, please click here.
Featured image courtesy of Feel good studio/Shutterstock