1 Day Left For Chase Southwest Airline Credit Card
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
There is only 1 more day left to apply for the Chase Southwest airlines credit card, which can get you up to $833 in free airfare in the US.
This is the best credit card deal, in my opinion, for domestic US travel. You can easily get 2 to 3 flights (more if you book in advance during Southwest fare sales) within the US with the 50,000 point bonus.
It is also extremely easy to redeem points for seats since you can use points to buy any seat which is available for sale.
I applied for this credit card last week since I love traveling, but don’t have a lot of money.
I don’t really care whether I get to a destination in first class or economy; the destination and people whom I travel to see are much more important than how I get there. And this card will let me get to my destination cheaply.
Emily’s birthday is on Sunday, and we are on our way to a surprise weekend getaway!
I booked our tickets on Southwest using Southwest gift cards from a previous Chase credit card offer, and it took me about 5 minutes to find the seats and book them. The taxes were ~$10.
In my opinion, contrary to most frequent flyer blogs, Southwest Airlines is the best airline for domestic US travel for folks who don’t fly enough to earn elite status with other airlines and who want to travel within the US for less.Here’s Why:
- Southwest doesn’t charge checked bag fees, and I saved $80 on this trip since I had to check in the bags with Emily’s birthday present.
- Southwest also doesn’t charge fees to change or cancel your ticket, which is ~$150 per person on other airlines. Instead you get a travel credit which is valid for one year from the date you bought your ticket.
- Southwest airline’s staff are the most efficient and friendly out of all the other US airlines I’ve traveled.
- Chase usually will let you have only 1 credit card every 30 days.
- There is a $99 annual fee which is NOT waived for the first year. However, you do get a 6,000 point(~$100) credit toward the annual fee in subsequent years. Here’s a previous post on when to cancel your credit card.
- If you get denied for the credit card, call the Chase reconsideration department.
- Chase is getting very strict with folks who apply for a lot of reward cards. My last call with Chase was more like an interrogation where I had to explain why I opened previous cards and why I wanted the Chase Southwest Credit Card. Eventually, I did manage to get the card approved, but it was a close call. So be sure to prioritize your applications with Chase.
The Chase Southwest Airline credit card can get you up to $833 (3-4 free flights) of Big Travel with Small Money within the US. And don’t forget that there’s only 2 days left to sign up!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)