Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Emily Jablon: On Friday, Daraius and I enjoyed our first buffet breakfast at the Park Hyatt in Paris. There were large selections of cold meats and salmon, 3 kinds of cheese, yogurt, cereal, dried fruits, breads, and jams. In addition, you could order eggs, pancakes, or waffles. We also ordered our favorite mango juice!
- British Airways First Class Lounge – Boston
- British Airways First Class – Boston to London
- British Airways Concorde Room – London
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Suite
- Around the Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Day 1 in Paris – George V, The Champs-Elysées, and the Arc de Triomphe
- Day 2 in Paris – Notre Dame & the Paris Opera
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Deluxe Room
- Day 3 in Paris – A Lazy Day & Dinner in the Eiffel Tower
- Day 4 in Paris – Versailles and Rue Cler
- Day 5 in Paris – Sainte-Chapelle, the Louvre, & Emily’s Favorite Evening
- Day 6 in Paris – Park Hyatt Paris Buffet & a Day of Shopping
- Day 7 in Paris – Emily’s Allergic Reaction and our Last Day in Paris
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Paris
- Hilton Heathrow London, Terminal 4
- British Airways Concorde Room
- British Airway First Class – London to Boston
- Air France Graf Lounge – Boston
- Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
Daraius: During our stay, the buffet breakfast cost 43 euros, the Continental breakfast cost 37 euros, and the American breakfast cost 49 euros. The good things aren’t cheap!
If you’re a Diamond elite member, the Park Hyatt, Paris will let you order American Breakfast to your room or you can come down and have the buffet or order off the menu for up to euro 49 per person.
If you’re not a Hyatt Diamond, there are cheaper options within 5 minutes from the hotel.
You can also order from the breakfast a la carte menu.
We had room service breakfast every day, so today we decided to try the buffet breakfast.
The breakfast area is on the ground (1st floor) and is brightly lit and is decorated with pretty white flowers.
Some table have little sofas and some have chairs.
There was lots of food, which was arranged very tastefully.
There were cereals…
…milk and yogurt…
..cold meats and cheeses…
And French cheese.
Emily Jablon: I had a plate of fresh fruit, along with dried strawberries that were amazing! The dates were also very good—very moist and flavorful. Along with the fruit, I had a croissant with butter and cheese. Lastly, I tried some fresh berry applesauce that was divine. It was so fresh and delicious!
Daraius had salmon, cured ham, and regular ham. In addition, he had mango slices, cheese, and bread.
Daraius and I reserved Friday as our shopping day.
Daraius: I didn’t want Emily to say “You never went shopping with me on our honeymoon!” 30 years later, so we planned an entire day to shop. Shopping being defined as looking and trying on things and not buying them, which I guess is better than buying them!
Emily Jablon: We walked to Galeries Lafayette, which spans 3 city blocks! It was a huge store, and it had 3 floors just of women’s clothing. It was also very busy, and we had fun looking at all of the things for sale. There were women’s scarves, purses, and hosiery, along with several boutique shops that had their own clothing. The mall had pretty much everything you could ever want, and you can easily spend a whole day there.
Daraius: We did spend a whole day in there!
Emily Jablon: The main shop is in a beautiful old building.
They had a restaurant on each floor, including Asian food, Parisian food, and a food court with several types of food. Most people seemed to be eating in the food court, but we went to smaller snack bar before we discovered the food court and ordered a Croque Monsier and a quiche Lorraine. The food wasn’t very tasty.
Daraius: I was having as much fun as I could on my iPhone, but managed to pick out some Paris souvenirs for a blog giveaway (coming soon!)
We spent the whole day shopping, and didn’t have time to visit the more upscale printemps. We got back to the hotel late in the evening, tired after a long day of shopping, had dinner and went to bed.