Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
A loyal Million Mile Secrets reader SH (Thank You, SH!) suggests answering reader posts on the blog. I’m going to do just that, but with a slight twist.
Every week or so, I’m going to post a reader question on the blog and ask you to write in your suggestions in the comments. After a few days, I’ll compile the responses along with my thoughts and publish it on the blog!
So please email me if you have a question which you’d like answered.
Rebeca writes in asking which is the better card – The Capital One Venture Card or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card? She writes:
“The sign on bonus (for the Capital One Venture card) is only 25000, but with double points per dollar I think they would add up quickly if I actually used this on for my everyday spending. I usually put about 1200 or 1500 on my card every month and pay the balance in full.”
- Rebeca will use her miles and points for economy class air tickets to get from the West Coast to London next year (ideally with a stop over in New York or Washington, DC. to see family)
- She will be traveling with a family of 6, so using miles or points to buy, say, 2 or 3 tickets would save Rebeca a lot of cash!
- Rebeca would like a credit card with no foreign transaction fee since she will use the card overseas.
- She doesn’t plan on taking out any big loans in the next few years.
1) Which credit card should Rebeca get? The Capital One Venture card or the Chase Sapphire Preferred card?
And for extra credit:
2) What else would you suggest Rebeca do to help reduce the cost of traveling to Europe?
Please let Rebeca know how to have Big Travel with Small Money in the comments below!