Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
If you stay at Hyatt hotels with any frequency, The World of Hyatt Credit Card should be part of your miles and points strategy. Not only does it come with a hefty welcome bonus of up to 50,000 Hyatt points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements, but offers ongoing value which makes it worth keeping year after year.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card benefits and perks include goodies like a free night in a category 1 to 4 Hyatt each card anniversary, automatic Discoverist elite status, bonus points in common spending categories, and elite credits. Plus, you’ll get excellent travel and shopping protections like trip delay insurance and extended warranty.
And there’s a lucrative new benefit coming soon for folks with Discoverist elite status, which comes complimentary with the World of Hyatt card. Thanks to a new partnership between Hyatt and American Airlines, Hyatt elites will earn Hyatt points on AA flights, in addition to American Airlines miles.
Here’s a rundown of all the benefits and perks of the Chase World of Hyatt card.
Chase World of Hyatt Card Benefits and Perks
Apply Here: The World of Hyatt Credit Card
When you open The World of Hyatt Credit Card, you can earn up to 50,000 Hyatt points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements:
- 25,000 bonus Hyatt points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account
- Another 25,000 bonus Hyatt points after you spend an additional $3,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of opening your account
If you unlock the full bonus, you’ll have enough Hyatt points for 2 nights at a luxury resort, like the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. Paid rates here can be in excess of $500 per night during peak season.
1. Free Night Every Card Anniversary
By far the best benefit of the World of Hyatt card is the free night at any category 1 to 4 Hyatt hotel you’ll receive each account anniversary. Even if you redeem it at a lower-category Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel, you’ll likely get at least $95 in value – and potentially much more.
If you make the most of your free night by using it during peak season or in pricey cities, you can get a stay worth more than the annual fee. For instance, standard rooms at the Grand Hyatt Berlin, a category 4 hotel, can cost more than $350 per night in the summer.
You can also earn a second free night by spending $15,000+ on purchases in an account anniversary year.
2. Automatic Hyatt Discoverist Elite Status (With New American Airlines Perk!)
As a World of Hyatt cardholder, you’ll get automatic Discoverist elite status. Normally, that requires 10 qualifying nights or 25,000 Hyatt base points per year. With Hyatt Discoverist status, you’ll get:
- New: Earn 1 Hyatt point per $1 spent on American Airlines flights, in addition to the American Airlines miles you’d normally earn (coming soon)
- Bonus points on paid stays
- Upgrade to preferred room if available
- Free bottle of water and premium internet (where available)
- Late check-out upon request (2:00 pm)
Folks who like American Airlines and Hyatt will get a nice boost with the new partnership – I’m sure looking forward to earning Hyatt points for AA flights!
3. Elite Qualifying Credits
Speaking of elite status, the World of Hyatt card comes with 5 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every year, plus an additional 2 qualifying night credits for every $5,000 you spend on the card.
Hyatt Globalist status is incredibly generous, and includes suite upgrades, lounge access, and free breakfast. You’d normally need 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 base points in a calendar year to achieve this top tier.
So if you’re looking to up your status to Explorist or Globalist, these credits can give you a nice boost if you don’t have enough paid stays.
4. Great Bonus Categories Beyond Hyatt Stays
It’s a no-brainer to have the World of Hyatt card if you have lots of paid stays at Hyatt. It also offers bonus points in other useful categories:
- 9 Hyatt points per $1 spent at Hyatt – 4 bonus points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels, plus 5 base points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- 2 Hyatt points per $1 on restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting, and on fitness club and gym memberships
- 1 Hyatt point per $1 on everything else
5. Rental Car Insurance
When you rent a car, pay for the entire rental with your World of Hyatt card, and decline the rental company’s collision damage waiver (CDW), you’ll get secondary rental insurance coverage for damage due to theft or collision in the US.
And you’ll get primary coverage if you’re renting outside the US or if you don’t have your own automobile insurance.
6. Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance
If your trip is cancelled or interrupted for a covered reason (like illness or severe weather), you could be reimbursed up to $5,000 for non-refundable, pre-paid travel expenses when you pay with your World of Hyatt card.
7. Trip Delay Reimbursement
The World of Hyatt card can help take the sting out of travel delays. If your flight (or other common carrier) is delayed more than 12 hours or overnight, you and your family can be reimbursed up to $500 per ticket for expenses like meals and hotels.
8. Lost Luggage Reimbursement
With The World of Hyatt card, you and your family are covered up to $3,000 per person if the carrier damages or loses your luggage.
9. Baggage Delay Insurance
Isn’t it the worst when you land at the airport and discover your bags didn’t make the flight? When you book with your World of Hyatt card, if your bags are delayed more than 6 hours you can get reimbursement for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing, up to $100 a day for 5 days.
10. Travel Accident Insurance
Nobody wants to imagine the worst on a trip, but if the unthinkable occurs, the World of Hyatt card offers up to $500,000 in accidental death or dismemberment coverage when you pay for air, bus, train, or cruise transportation with the card.
11. Purchase Protection
Here’s a handy perk when you’re buying a pricey item. With the World of Hyatt card‘s purchase protection, if your new purchase is damaged or stolen within 120 days of buying it, you can be reimbursed up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
12. Extended Warranty
With extended warranty, the World of Hyatt card extends the time period of a US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of 3 years or less.
13. No Foreign Transaction Fees
These garbage fees when you’re traveling overseas really stink! But you won’t get charged extra when you use your World of Hyatt card abroad.
14. Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
If you’re traveling and need help with relaying an emergency message back home, tracking down lost luggage, or need a medical or legal referral, you can call the Benefits Administrator for help 24 hours a day. Any costs incurred are your responsibility.
15. Roadside Dispatch
For a flat service fee (~$60) per call, you can get roadside dispatch for common mishaps like:
- Towing – up to 5 miles included
- Tire Changing – must have good, inflated spare
- Jump Starting – battery boost
- Lockout Service (no key replacement)
- Fuel Delivery – up to 5 gallons (cost of fuel not included)
- Winching (within 100 feet of paved or county maintained road only)
To reach roadside dispatch, call 800-847-2869. This is a helpful alternative if you don’t have your own roadside coverage.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is jam packed with benefits and perks that make the card a keeper, even beyond earning the welcome bonus of up to 50,000 Hyatt points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements. And one of these perks just got a nice improvement!
With The World of Hyatt Credit Card, you’ll get:
- A free night at any category 1 to 4 Hyatt hotel you’ll receive each account anniversary (and another free night if you spend $15,000+ in an anniversary year)
- Automatic Hyatt Discoverist elite status, which will soon also earn you 1 Hyatt point per $1 spent on American Airlines (new!)
- Elite status qualifying credits each year to help you reach Explorist or Globalist status
- Excellent bonus spending categories including Hyatt stays, restaurants, airfare purchased directly from airlines, local transit and commuting, and fitness club / gym memberships
You’ll also get money-saving travel and shopping protections when you use your card, including car rental insurance, trip interruption / cancellation / delay, and baggage loss or delay insurance.
Many of us on the MMS team have kept The World of Hyatt Credit Card (or its predecessor, the Chase Hyatt card, which is no longer available) in our wallets for years. I’ve had my Hyatt card for 6+ years and will keep it forever, just for the anniversary night alone.
What’s your favorite World of Hyatt card benefit or perk?