We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Did you know you can get free 2-day shipping from hundreds of online stores just by having certain cards?
Folks with either a World or World Elite Mastercard, or an American Express card, can get a complimentary membership with ShopRunner. So you can save money on shipping (and returns!) for lots of online purchases.
- Receive your online orders in 2 days
- Save potentially $15+ on every order
- Get FREE returns on every order
- How to get the $79 yearly membership fee waived
Here is Emily’s quick ShopRunner review!
What Is ShopRunner?
Normally, you have to pay for a membership that costs $79 per year. But you can get a free subscription to ShopRunner with certain cards!
Which Cards Qualify for FREE ShopRunner?
You can get the $79 annual membership fee waived if you have any AMEX card, and most Mastercard credit cards! You don’t even have to use your registered card to pay for the order. 😉
Examples of cards that waive the fee are:
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® – Earn 70,000 American Airlines miles after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 4 months of account opening
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® – Earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® – Earn 50,000 American Airlines miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN – Through August 8, 2018, you’ll earn up to 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – Through June 27, 2018, you’ll earn 125,000 Hilton bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
Go here to see the best American Express card for you. And check out this post for more about ShopRunner and how to sign-up using your qualifying card.
Emily’s ShopRunner Experience
Emily: I needed a new swimsuit for an upcoming vacation. This past weekend, my mom and I visited 3 to 4 different shops trying to find one. I couldn’t find anything I really liked, so I had to take my search online.
I buy most of my stuff online, but shopping online for clothes can be difficult. The sizes or fit might be off, and then you have to deal with returns. Plus, I was leaving for my trip in 5 days! But I didn’t really have a choice.
So I went online and found a few cute swimsuit and cover-up options. Yay! Then I searched around for fast shipping, and discovered some sites offered free 2-day shipping with ShopRunner.
I had never used ShopRunner before, and was pleasantly surprised when my AMEX card saved me ~$15 to ~$25 in shipping!
In my case, there was a minimum order price to use ShopRunner. But it wasn’t a problem, because I could order a few things, decide what fits me the best, and return the rest later.
I placed my order on a Sunday night and received an email the following Tuesday morning saying it was out for delivery. Even though it was expected to arrive Wednesday. Wow!
I was very excited to receive my shipment and try on my purchases.
I wouldn’t get or keep a Mastercard or AMEX card solely for this benefit, but it was a nice perk that I happily used!
You’ll get a ShopRunner subscription with a World or World Elite Mastercard, or any AMEX card. This includes AMEX Business Platinum, which comes with up to 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements through August 8, 2018. Or the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®, which has a bonus of 60,000 American Airlines miles after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
With ShopRunner, you’ll get free 2-day shipping and returns at hundreds of stores. That normally costs $79 per year!
So if you shop a lot online, this perk could really add up. Emily certainly found it to be useful!