We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Doctor of Credit, you can now earn 50,000 American Airlines miles and up to a $100 in statement credits on certain American Airlines purchases after meeting minimum spending requirements on the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
We don’t earn a commission from either of these cards, but we’re committed to telling you about the best deals!
I’ll share the details of the latest offer on the Citi American Airlines Platinum small business card. And help you decide which deal makes the most sense for you.
Different Offer for the Citi American Airlines Small Business Card
With this offer on the CitiBusiness AAdvantage card, you can earn 50,000 American Airlines miles and after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. You’ll also get up to $100 in statement credits on eligible American Airlines purchases made within the first 12 months of opening your account.
The card also comes with perks like:
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations
- 1X American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
- $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year
And the $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
Is This a Good Deal?
The other offer on the Citi American Airlines small business card is for 60,000 American Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements, with NO statement credit.
With this new deal, the sign-up bonus is 10,000 FEWER American Airlines miles (50,000 American Airlines miles), but you’ll get up to a $100 statement credit for eligible American Airlines purchases.
50,000 American Airlines miles is enough for:
- 1 round-trip coach flight to Hawaii (45,000 American Airlines miles)
- 1 round-trip Business Class flight to Costa Rica (50,000 American Airlines miles)
- 2 round-trip coach flights within the US
- 6 one-way coach flights less than 500 miles within the mainland US or Canada (7,500 American Airlines miles each)
- and more!
That said, if you can get more than $100 value from 10,000 American Airlines, the 60,000 American Airlines miles is the better offer. But some folks might prefer the statement credit, especially if they have an upcoming trip and know they can make the most of it through American Airlines purchases.
And don’t forget, although Citi will NOT let you to earn the sign-up bonus from more than one personal card of the same “brand” within 24 months, this rule does NOT apply to the CitiBusiness American Airlines card.
With this offer on the Citi American Airlines small business card, you can earn 50,000 American Airlines miles and up to $100 in statement credits for eligible American Airlines purchases after meeting the card’s minimum spending requirements.
So depending on your future travel plans, you’ll have to decide whether you prefer the deal that offers more American Airlines miles or the statement credit.
Which do you prefer? Let me know in the comments!