Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Great news for folks wanting to visit Cuba like Emily did recently!
Flights will start as early as this fall on the following airlines:
- American Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Sun Country Airlines
I’ll explain why this is even better news for folks with miles & points on the approved airlines!
Use Miles & Points for Flights to Cuba!
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Plus
Link: Citi Prestige Card
While you can’t book flights just yet, there will be plenty of options to use miles and points with a total of 155 weekly trips on the approved airlines. Here are the departure options:
- Chicago – Frontier Airlines
- Fort Lauderdale – JetBlue, Silver Airways, and Southwest
- Miami – American Airlines
- Minneapolis – Sun Country Airlines
- Philadelphia – Frontier Airlines
Southwest flights to Cuba is especially good news for those of y’all with the Southwest Companion Pass. Because you can bring a friend or partner along on a flight to Cuba for only the cost of taxes and fees!
Remember you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest Airlines to book award flights. Although the points won’t count toward earning the Companion Pass, you’ll usually get the points in your account right away!
The Citi Prestige card will be a terrific option for booking American Airlines flights to Cuba. Because you’ll get:
- 1.6 cents per point when use your Citi ThankYou points to book American Airlines flights through the Citi portal
- Access to the American Airlines Admirals Club
Or, transfer Starwood points to American Airlines and book an award flight. And you’ll get 5,000 bonus American Airlines miles, for every transfer of 20,000 Starwood points.
Folks on JetBlue flights to Cuba will enjoy extra legroom in coach and free snacks. You’ll also be able to book award flights with JetBlue points. And if you have the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business cards, you’ll get extra benefits like:
- Free 1st checked bag for cardholder and up to 3 companions on the same reservation when you use your card to pay for your ticket
- 50% discount on eligible in-flight purchases like cocktails, food, and movies
- 10% of points back when you redeem them
Here’s my review of the JetBlue cards.
Are you planning to visit Cuba?