Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Looking to earn more United Airlines miles? Here’s your chance!
The Chase United Explorer card is again offering 50,000 United Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements. This is 10,000 miles higher than the previous publicly available offer. But you’ll have to apply by March 15, 2018, to get this increased bonus!
I’ll explain the details of this offer. And help you decide whether you should consider applying!
Earn Bigger Travel With the Chase United Explorer Card
With the United MileagePlus Explorer card, you can earn 50,000 United Airlines miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
You’ll also get perks like:
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on purchases from United Airlines.
- 1 United Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- Free first checked bag – but you MUST use your card to pay for your ticket
- Priority boarding
- 2 United Club lounge passes per card membership year
- Access to an increased number of award seats
- No foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
This is better than the previous 40,000 United Airlines mile sign-up bonus. But there have been higher (targeted!) sign-up bonuses in the past.
That said, if you’re looking to earn more United Airlines miles, this could be a good option. Just remember, this card falls under Chase’s stricter approval rules. So if you’ve opened 5+ credit cards within the past 24 months from ANY bank (except certain small business cards), it’s likely you will NOT be approved for the card.
What Can You Do With 50,000 United Airlines Miles?
50,000 United Airlines miles is enough for:
- 2 round-trip domestic coach tickets (contiguous 48 states)
- 1 round-trip coach ticket to Hawaii
- 1 one-way coach ticket to Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, India, or Australia
Keep in mind, partner airline awards in Business and First Class are more expensive than if you booked the same route on a United Airlines operated flight.
Want More United Airlines Miles?
With the increased offer on the Chase United Explorer card, you can earn 50,000 United Airlines miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
This is a better deal than the previous offer of 40,000 United Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements. But you must apply by March 15, 2018, to get the higher offer.