Great news for Hilton fans with small businesses!
This is a terrific sign-up bonus, and the card comes with lots of other perks! Plus, because AMEX business cards don’t show up on your personal credit report, signing up for this card won’t count towards Chase’s “5/24” rule!
And getting approved for a small business card is easier than you think.
I’ll share some ideas on how to qualify, and a few ways to use the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card bonus for Big Travel with Small Money.
My Review of the AMEX Hilton Business Card
The AMEX Hilton Business Card is open for business, and it looks enticing! You’ll earn 75,000 Hilton points after spending $3,000 in purchases on your card in the first 3 months of card membership. And you’ll earn another 25,000 Hilton points after you make an additional $1,000 in purchases on your card in your first 6 months of card membership.
You’ll also get:
- 12X Hilton points at Hilton hotels and resorts
- 6X Hilton points on select business & travel purchases (including wireless phone services from US providers, US restaurants, US gas stations, car rentals, and more)
- 3X Hilton points everywhere else
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status (Late checkout, free breakfast at most Hilton hotels, complimentary upgrades, 25% bonus on all the Hilton base points you earn)
- Hilton Diamond status after you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year (you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year)
- A weekend night after spending $15,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year
- A 2nd weekend night after spending an additional $45,000 in purchases on your card in the same calendar year
- Priority Pass™ Select membership with 10 free visits each year (enrollment required). Each guest you bring costs an additional free visit
- Terms & limitations apply
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived for the first year. But I’d gladly pay it to earn 100,000 Hilton points and free Gold elite status!
Note: AMEX small business cards do NOT appear on your personal credit report. So they won’t count toward your Chase “5/24” limit! Team members Jasmin & Keith are using this trick to get under the “5/24” rule so they can earn lucrative Chase sign-up bonuses again.
What Makes the AMEX Hilton Business Card Unique?
The AMEX Hilton Business card comes with a few perks you won’t find on other cards.
If you’re a big spender, this card is worth keeping year after year. The weekend nights you’ll earn after spending $15,000 and $45,000 on purchases in a calendar year is an excellent benefit. You can use these weekend nights at almost any Hilton hotel, including the Conrad Koh Samui, which can easily cost $600+ per night!
And you’ll earn Hilton Diamond status, Hilton’s highest elite status, after spending $40,000 on purchases in a calendar year. That comes with things like a 50% bonus on base points, room upgrades, executive lounge access, etc. So by spending $45,000 on the card, you’ll earn 2 weekend nights and Hilton Diamond status.
The card also comes with the usual valuable AMEX perks, like:
- ShopRunner membership with the card (free 2-day shipping at 100+ stores)
- AMEX Offers – An easy way to save on purchases you might make anyway! Team member Jason saved over $700 just on hotel stays with AMEX offers last year
- Primary rental car insurance with the card when you enroll in the American Express Premium Car Rental Protection program
All of these benefits make this a very valuable card for just a $95 annual fee!
How You Might Qualify for a Small Business
Qualifying for a small business card isn’t as complicated as you might think. You don’t need to be a million dollar corporation to open a small business card. You can use your own name as the legal business name. And your social security number as your business tax ID!
There are lots of side gigs you might want a business card for. Here are just a few activities that could qualify you for a small business card:
- Uber or Lyft driver
- Delivery driver with Postmates, GrubHub, or UberEATS
- Freelance graphic designer, photographer, writer, illustrator or artist
- Selling on eBay or Amazon for a profit
- Renting a spare room on Airbnb
- Dog walker
As a general rule, if you aren’t getting a W-2 form at the end of the year, you aren’t an employee and should qualify for a business credit card. But I am not a tax advisor, so always consult with a professional and do what is best for your situation.
Even though AMEX business cards won’t appear on your personal credit report, the bank will check your personal credit score. So I only recommend applying if your credit score is ~700 or higher and you can afford to pay off your credit card balance in full each month.
If you think you’ll qualify for the card and you’re ready to apply, check out my step-by-step guide on how to complete an AMEX small business card application.
How to Use 100,000 Hilton Points!
Hilton hotels are conveniently located and have lots of brands directed at different kinds of travelers. Hilton is one of the biggest hotel chains, so there’s likely a Hilton hotel nearby, no matter where you’re traveling!
Hilton hotels include:
- Embassy Suites
- Hampton Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Grand Vacations
- Homewood Suites
- Waldorf Astoria
Hilton points are not nearly as valuable as hotel points you’ll earn at other hotels, like Hyatt and Starwood. But you can earn Hilton points MUCH faster than many other hotel chains. And it’s free to pool your Hilton points together with up to 10 friends and family each year! So booking expensive awards should be easier.
Hilton also gives you the option to pay for part of your award stay with points using the Points & Money feature. This is a great way to stretch your points even further.
Top-tier Hilton hotels can cost 95,000 Hilton points per night. So after you meet the AMEX Hilton small business card‘s tiered spending requirements, you could use your 100,000 points to book 1 night at the best Hilton locations, like the Conrad Maldives, which can cost $1,400+ per night!
Or use the points to book a cheaper hotel, like the DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur for nearly 2 weeks! It only costs 10,000 Hilton points per night. And because you’ll get automatic Gold status when you have the AMEX Hilton small business card, you’ll get every 5th award night free! So you can stay 12 nights with 100,000 Hilton points (10,000 points per night X 12 nights = 120,000 points – 20,000 points for the 5th and 10th night free)
The brand new Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is now open for applications! And it has a great welcome bonus and terrific perks like complimentary Gold Elite status and Priority Pass airport lounge visits!
You can earn up to 100,000 Hilton points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements. You’ll earn 75,000 Hilton points after spending $3,000 in purchases on your card in the first 3 months of card membership. And you’ll earn another 25,000 Hilton points after you make an additional $1,000 in purchases on your card in your first 6 months of card membership.
Qualifying for a small business card might be easier than you realize. You can apply as a sole proprietor, and use your own name and social security number on the application. And lots of activities, like selling on eBay, renting your room on Airbnb, and driving with Uber or Lyft could make you eligible for a small business card.
What do you think of the new Hilton Honors American Express Business Card ? Let me know in the comments!