|Card Name||Sign-Up Bonus and Perks|
| Chase Freedom Unlimited℠||- $150 (15,000 Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account
- 1.5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent all purchases
|Discover It®||- Enroll every quarter to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases made in various categories throughout the year
- 1% unlimited cash back automatically on all other purchases
|Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card||- 15,000 American Express Membership Rewards points after spending $1,000 on purchases with your new card in the first 3 months (terms apply)
- 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1X AMEX Membership Rewards points
- 2X points at U.S. gas stations, and 1X points on other purchases
|Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card||- Amazon Prime members earn 5% cash back on every Amazon purchase
|The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express||- No current sign-up bonus
- 2X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 on the first $50,000 in business purchases per year; then 1X point thereafter
|Citi® Double Cash Card||- 1% back when you make a purchase, and 1% back when you make payments, as long you pay the minimum on your monthly statement|
Do you shop online a lot? If so, you likely spend at Amazon, the biggest online retailer. But did you know you can earn valuable rewards on your purchases?
I’ll share 6 great credit cards to save on shopping with Amazon!
6 Best Credit Cards to Use at Amazon 2018
The best card to use for any purchase – Amazon or not – is the card you’re currently meeting the minimum spending on to unlock a big sign-up bonus to get Big Travel with Small Money! 🙂
After you’ve done that, consider these to reward your
addiction Amazon shopping!
1. Chase Freedom Unlimited
Link: Chase Freedom Unlimited℠
If easy & simple rewards are your thing, consider the Chase Freedom Unlimited card. It earns 1.5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent on all purchases – with NO limit! There’s also NO annual fee.
When you shop a lot on Amazon, the rewards can add up fast! Plus, you can use the card nearly everywhere else to keep the points rolling in.
The points you earn are worth even more if you also have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred, Ink Plus (no longer available) or Ink Bold (no longer available). Because you can combine your points and transfer them directly to Chase’s excellent travel partners!
Even on its own, the Chase Freedom Unlimited is an excellent choice because of the simple rewards earning with NO bonus categories to think about. And you can always add other Chase cards later to give you more flexibility with your rewards.
2. Discover It
Link: Discover It®
We already know Amazon will be a quarterly bonus category (along with wholesale clubs) on the Discover It card from October to December 2018. Enroll every quarter to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases made in various categories throughout the year
So up to a total of $75 per quarter ($1,500 in spending X 5%)!
For new cardmembers, Discover will match the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first 12 billing cycles. That’s a great return on your Amazon shopping.
Discover It also earns 1% cash back on all other purchases. There’s no annual fee, so it’s free to keep. If you shop late in the year (like during the holidays), it’s a great card to have to earn some extra cash! Team member Harlan loves shopping with his Discover It card throughout the year. Because the other bonus categories are often useful, too. And the rewards are easy to redeem for cash back or statement credits.
3. AMEX EveryDay Preferred
Team member Jasmin explained why she keeps this card year after year. You’ll earn 1 AMEX Membership Rewards point per $1 spent in non-bonus categories, like Amazon. But when you use the card 30 or more times in a billing cycle, you’ll earn 50% bonus points for those purchases. So you’ll earn at least 1.5 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 (1X points X 1.5) spent, as long as you hit the transaction threshold.
This card has a $95 annual fee. But you’ll also earn 3 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 on up to $6,000 per year on purchases at US supermarkets. And 2 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 at US gas stations. If you make 30+ transactions in a billing cycle, that increases to:
- 4.5 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 (on up to $6,000 per year) at US supermarkets (3X points X 1.5)
- 3 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 (2X points X 1.5) at US gas stations
And remember, you’ll also get fantastic purchase protection because this is an AMEX card. That can come in handy if you want to buy a big-ticket item, like an appliance or electronic device.
4. Chase Amazon Card
The Chase Amazon card earns 3% cash back on every purchase you make on Amazon. And if you have an Amazon Prime membership, you’ll earn 5% cash back! That’s a great return for a card with NO annual fee. You’ll also earn:
- 2% cash back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
If you’re a big Amazon shopper, the discounts can be substantial. So it might be worth considering if you’d rather earn cash back instead of points to use for travel.
5. AMEX Blue Business Plus
The AMEX Blue Business Plus card earns 2 AMEX Membership Rewards points spent on all purchases, on up to $50,000 spent each calendar year. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
Amazon sells nearly anything you can imagine. So you can purchase items for your small business like furniture, cleaning supplies, and shelving – and whatever else you might need!
6. Citi Double Cash
Link: Citi® Double Cash Card
With the Citi Double Cash card, you’ll earn 1% cash back on every purchase. And another 1% cash back when you make payments, as long you meet the minimum payment on your monthly statement.
After you reach $25 in rewards, you can redeem your cash back for a mailed check, statement credit, or gift cards. And there’s NO annual fee!
But one of the best benefits about using this card for Amazon purchases is the Citi Price Rewind program.
After you register your purchase, Citi will watch for 60 days to see if the price changes. If the price drops, you’ll get the difference refunded as a statement credit. That’s helpful to know you’ll get the best price on all your Amazon purchases (and everywhere else, too)!
When you shop at Amazon, consider these 6 cards to earn rewards for your spending:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited℠ – 1.5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent on all purchases
- Discover It® – 5% cash back on up to $1,500 spent at Amazon and wholesale clubs October through December 2018, after you activate the bonus
- Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card – 1.5 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 spent after you make 30+ transactions in a billing cycle
- Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card – 5% cash back when you have an Amazon Prime membership
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express – 2 AMEX Membership Rewards points spent on all purchases, up to $50,000 spent each calendar year
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 1% back when you make a purchase, and 1% back when you make payments, as long you pay the minimum on your monthly statement
Which card do you use for Amazon shopping?