Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Change is in the air, and it could mean more rewards for you! Because you have until January 31, 2018, to choose the 3% cash back bonus category for your AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business card.
If your business spending habits have changed, this is your chance to put some extra cash in your pocket. You can only change your bonus category once per year between December 1 and January 31. If you don’t make a selection, your category will remain the same as last year.
Here is what you need to know.
Select Your AMEX SimplyCash Plus Card’s 3% Cash Back Category
With the AMEX SimplyCash Plus card, you’ll earn a $200 statement credit after spending $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your card within the first 6 months of card membership. And you’ll earn an additional $200 statement credit after spending an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the card within the first year of card membership.
You’ll also get:
- 5% cash back at US office supply stores & on wireless telephone service purchased directly from US service providers on purchases up to $50,000 per calendar year (1% after that)
- 3% cash back in the category of your choice (from a list of 8) on purchases up to $50,000 per calendar year (1% after that)
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Terms & limitations apply
You can choose 1 category from a list of 8 to earn 3% cash back on up to a maximum of $50,000 in spending per calendar year.
Choose the category that makes the most sense for your business:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels (excluding timeshares, banquets, and events)
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- US gas stations
- US restaurants
- US purchases for advertising on select media
- US purchases for shipping
- US computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
You can make your selection each year between December 1 and January 31 by calling the number on the back of your card or by logging into your AMEX Account. If you just signed up for the card, you have 2 months from when you were approved to choose your 3% cash back category.
Is This a Good Card for Your Business?
The AMEX SimplyCash Plus card has no annual fee. So the $400 cash back sign-up bonus is free money in your pocket! And with the bonus categories, you could save even more!
If you spend the $50,000 maximum amount at US office supply stores and wireless phone service providers, that’s an extra $2,500 in cash back a year ($50,000 in spending X 5%)! And the ability to customize your 3% cash back category to suit your business spending makes it easy to earn an additional $1,500 in cash back each year ($50,000 in spending X 3%)! Plus, you’ll earn 1% cash back on all of your other purchases.
So if you like the simplicity of earning cash back rewards, this could be the right card for your business.
You have until January 31, 2018, to select the 3% cash back category for your AMEX SimplyCash Plus card. If you don’t make a selection, your category will remain the same as last year.
You can choose from 1 of 8 different categories, like car rentals, airfare, or shipping. And you’ll earn the bonus on up to $50,000 in purchases within that category. That’s an extra $1,500 in cash back a year ($50,000 in spending X 3%)!