We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Starting tomorrow, December 1, 2017, you can book award flights for 25% off from 4 North American cities. There are lots of Canadian cities on this list, so for folks near the Canadian border, it could be worth the drive to save miles!
Flying Blue Promo Awards for December 2017
Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
From December 1, 2017, to December 31, 2017, you can save 25% on award flights to Europe for travel between February 1, 2018, and March 31, 2018, from:
- Calgary – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class
- Edmonton – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class
- New York City (to Paris Orly only) – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class
- Vancouver – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class
These prices are significantly less than you’ll pay on other airlines. For example, you’ll pay at least 60,000 United Airlines miles for a one-way Business Class flight to Europe with United Airlines.
Flying Blue considers countries like Algeria, Israel, and Morocco to be part of Europe, too. So you can save even MORE miles compared to other airlines if you’re headed to those areas.
Remember, there’s NO discount on taxes & fees, which may be very high depending on the route. Surcharges can be ~$200 for a one-way Business Class flight (~$400 round-trip). So decide if the high fees are worth the miles you’ll save.
Click through the Flying Blue Promo Awards site to get the discount. You can only book flights on Air France or KLM to get the discount (not their SkyTeam partners, like Delta). And you must use Flying Blue miles to book your ticket!
Want More Flying Blue Miles?
There are LOTS of ways to earn Flying Blue miles! The 4 major flexible points programs transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1:1. You can transfer:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards points – You’ll need either the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Business Preferred, Chase Ink Plus (no longer available), or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Citi ThankYou Points – You’ll need the Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- AMEX Membership Rewards points – You’ll need cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, etc.
- Starwood points – If you transfer 20,000 Starwood points at a time, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus.
Starting tomorrow, December 1, 2017, you can book Flying Blue Promo Awards to Europe from 4 North American cities – Calgary, Edmonton, New York City, and Vancouver.
But to get the deal, you’ll have to book your flights by December 31, 2017.
These awards cost fewer miles than you’d pay for similar flights on Delta or United Airlines. But taxes & fees can also be higher. So crunch the numbers to decide if the award discount is worth the extra cash.
Let me know if you book a Promo Award!