I love to help folks who are excited to get Big Travel with Small Money or just want to earn some extra cash. Applying for top credit cards is the quickest and easiest way to achieve your travel goals or earn a cash back bonus!
These are my favorite credit card deals for November 2017:
|Card Name||Sign-Up Bonus|
|Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card||80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (worth $800 in cash back or $1,000 in travel) after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (worth $500 in cash back or $625 in travel)) after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN||up to 75,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card||50,000 Capital One Venture miles (worth $500 in travel) after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business||50,000 Capital One Spark miles (worth $500 in travel) after you spend $4,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business||$500 cash back after you spend $4,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
|Chase Sapphire Reserve℠||50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (worth $500 in cash back or $750 in travel) after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
You read that right! Just 1 sign-up bonus could get you $1,000+ worth of travel or hundreds of dollars in cash!
If rewards credit cards are new to you, be sure to read my post with myths associated with applying for new cards. You might be surprised to learn how you can have lots of credit cards (20+) AND keep an excellent credit score!
Best Travel Credit Cards November 2017
Link: Hot Deals
Lots of Million Mile Secrets readers apply for top travel credit cards to enjoy Big Travel with Small Money. But whether you’re looking to travel or just want to earn some easy cash, these are the best cards to consider!
1. Chase Ink Business Preferred ($800 in Cash Back or $1,000+ Worth of Travel)
The Chase Ink Business Preferred is still my favorite offer. Because it has the highest sign-up bonus available among any of the cards earning Chase Ultimate Rewards points! And these are my favorite type of flexible points, which you can redeem for cash back or travel!
The sign-up bonus is worth $800 if you redeem points for cash back. Or get 25% more value ($1,000 worth of travel) by redeeming points for airfare, hotels, or rental cars through the Chase travel portal. And there are no blackout dates when you book this way!
To get the most value and luxurious travel experiences, you can also transfer points directly to Chase travel partners. Team member Keith did this to book a Business Class award flight to New Zealand!
With the Ink Business Preferred, you’ll also get:
- 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points for every $1 you spend on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites, and search engines (up to a maximum of $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year)
- 1X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on all other purchases
- Up to $600 in cell phone insurance when you pay your cell phone bill with the card
- Primary auto rental insurance (CDW) when renting for business purposes, plus purchase and extended warranty protection
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived the first year.
Even though this is a small business card, you might qualify without realizing it! And you do NOT need an EIN (Employer Identification Number) to apply for a small business credit card. You can apply with just your Social Security Number.
Just keep in mind, Chase will NOT approve you for their Ultimate Rewards points earning cards if you’ve opened 5 or more credit card accounts (from any bank) in the past 24 months (NOT counting Chase business cards and these other business cards).
2. Chase Sapphire Preferred ($500 in Cash Back or $625+ Worth of Travel)
Link: Chase Sapphire Preferred
When you sign-up, you’ll earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
You can redeem the sign-up bonus for:
- $500 in cash back
- $625 in travel by booking airfare, hotel stays, or car rentals through the Chase’s travel portal (no blackout dates)
- Potentially even more value by transferring points directly to airline and hotel partners, like Hyatt or United Airlines
With the Sapphire Preferred, you’ll also get:
- 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 on travel and dining
- 5,000 bonus Chase Ultimate Rewards points (worth $50 in cash back) when you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first 3 months
- Primary car rental insurance – Covers damage or theft to your rental car, when you pay for the rental with your card
- Trip delay reimbursement – Get up to $500 back per ticket when your trip is delayed more than 12 hours
- NO foreign transaction fees
Team member Joseph keeps the Sapphire Preferred in his wallet and it’s saved him thousands of dollars because of free benefits like rental car insurance and delayed baggage coverage.
The $95 annual fee is waived the first year, which means you can use the card for free for ~10 or ~11 months. Then, decide if you like the benefits enough to pay the annual fee.
And don’t forget to read why having the Sapphire Preferred AND Ink Business Preferred make a great card combo!
3. AMEX Business Platinum (Get $950 Worth of Gift Cards but MUCH More for Travel)
If you’re a small business owner with lots of monthly expenses or a large upcoming purchase, the AMEX Business Platinum offer is worth considering.
You’ll earn 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. And an extra 25,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases within the same timeframe.
So after meeting the tiered minimum spending requirements, you’ll have at least 95,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points (75,000 points from sign-up bonus + at least 20,000 points from minimum spending).
You can redeem these points to get $950 worth of gift cards through the AMEX portal. But they’re much more valuable if you transfer them directly to any of the 20 AMEX airline or hotel partners to book award travel.
For example, you can transfer points to Singapore Airlines and book United Airlines award flights to Hawaii!
With the Business Platinum, you’ll also get:
- 1.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+
- 35% of your points back for ALL First Class or Business Class flights booked through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- 35% of your points back for all flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food & drink, etc.)
- Access to airport lounges (Delta, Priority Pass, Airspace, and American Express Centurion Lounges)
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Free Hilton HHonors Gold elite status (free breakfast and upgrades when available)
- Terms & limitations apply
This card has a $450 annual fee, which is NOT waived. But the statement credits and airport lounge access can easily offset the fee. Plus, you get access to AMEX Offers, which can save you money or earn you extra points for purchase you’re already planning!
4. Capital One Venture ($500 Worth of Travel)
When you sign-up for the Capital One Venture card, you’ll earn 50,000 Venture miles (worth $500 in travel) after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
Capital One Venture is a favorite for folks looking to earn simple rewards. You just pay for travel expenses (like airfare, hotel stays, parking , and much more) with your credit card. Then, you can “erase” the charge by redeeming your Venture miles.
In addition to the valuable and easy to use sign-up bonus, you’ll get:
- 2 Venture miles per $1 you spend on all purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
The card also comes with Visa Signature Benefits, which include:
- Rental car insurance – Secondary protection against collision or theft
- Travel accident insurance – Up to $250,000 insurance for accidental loss of life, limb, sight, speech or hearing
- Lost luggage insurance – Up to $3,000 per trip, provided the luggage was lost from theft or misdirection by the airline, cruise, etc.
And the card’s $95 annual fee is waived the first year! This was the first card team member Keith got when he started in the miles & points hobby. And it helped open his eyes to the amazing deals made possible thanks to credit card rewards!
But if you’re a beginner, I typically recommend getting Chase cards first. Because Chase makes it harder to get their valuable cards if you sign-up for lots of cards with other banks.
5. Capital One Spark Miles ($500 Worth of Travel)
If you like to travel and just want a straightforward rewards credit card for your small business, consider the Capital One Spark Miles.
With this card, you’ll earn 50,000 Spark miles (worth $500 in travel) after spending $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months.
To redeem your Spark miles for travel, just buy travel like you normally would with your card. Then, you have 90 days to sign-in to your online account, find the travel purchase, and “erase” it with your miles!
And you can check out my post with why the Spark Miles & Venture card make an amazing personal and business card combination!
Just keep in mind, you might consider waiting to get this card after applying for valuable Chase cards.
6. Capital One Spark Cash ($500 Cash Sign-Up Bonus)
If you prefer cash back instead of travel rewards, the Capital One Spark Cash might be a perfect fit for your wallet.
You’ll also get unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases. And redeeming your cash back is easy.
You can request a check or statement credit, any time, with no minimum redemption amount. Or you can set-up an automatic redemption, like $20 per month, for example.
The $95 annual fee is waived the first year, and the card does NOT have foreign transaction fees.
7. Chase Sapphire Reserve ($500 in Cash Back or $750 Worth of Travel)
Link: Chase Sapphire Reserve
With the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you’ll earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
The current Sapphire Reserve sign-up bonus is worth $500 if you redeem points for cash back. Or you can get $750 worth of travel by booking flights, hotels, car rentals, and more through the Chase travel portal.
With the Sapphire Reserve card, you’ll also get:
- 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 on travel and dining
- $300 statement credit for travel purchases (like airfare, Airbnb, hotels, car rental, Uber, etc.) each calendar year
- Priority Pass Select for access to airport lounges
- $100 statement credit for Global Entry
- No foreign transaction fees
This card also comes with amazing trip protection benefits. You can read how the Sapphire Reserve’s primary rental car coverage save team member Harlan nearly $700!
Keep in mind, this card is affected by Chase’s “5/24 rule.”
My favorite credit card offers for November 2017 are:
- Chase Ink Business Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- AMEX Business Platinum
- Capital One Venture
- Capital One Spark Miles
- Capital One Spark Cash
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
You can unlock huge sign-up bonuses worth hundreds of dollars in cash back or even $1,000+ worth of travel!
My favorite offer continues to be the Chase Ink Business Preferred. Because it has the highest sign-up bonus (80,000 points) of any cards earning Chase Ultimate Rewards points, which are my favorite type of flexible rewards!