Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
American Airlines miles lovers rejoice!
With both the personal and small business version of the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, you can now earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements!
The normal sign-up bonuses on these cards are 30,000 American Airlines miles on the personal card, and 50,000 American Airlines miles on the small business card after meeting minimum spending requirements. So these offers are MUCH better!
Here are the details of these offers. And some ideas about how to use 60,000 American Airlines miles!
Earn More American Airlines Miles
The Citi American Airlines Platinum Select personal and small business cards are currently offering a 60,000 American Airlines mile sign-up bonus after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. That’s double the usual sign-up bonus on the personal card!
The $95 annual fee is waived the first year on the personal version of the card. And it comes with:
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 1X American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
With the small business version, you’ll get additional perks like 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations. And a $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year. But you won’t get back 10% of miles used for award travel.
Don’t forget, Citi will NOT let you to earn the sign-up bonus from more than one personal card of the same “brand” within 24 months. For example, if you’ve opened or closed the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® in the past 24 months, you would NOT be eligible for the personal Citi AAdvantage Platinum sign-up bonus.
However, there’s an exception if you’ve had the CitiBusiness AAdvantage in the past 24 months. You can CAN earn the sign-up bonus on the personal card, because Citi says:
- American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Is This a Good Deal?
These offers are much better than regular sign-up bonuses normally offered on these cards. So if you’ve been considering getting either the personal or small business Citi American Airlines Platinum Select card, now is a great time to apply!
60,000 American Airlines miles is enough for:
- 2 round-trip coach flights within the mainland US (with miles to spare!)
- 3 one-way off-peak coach flights from the mainland US to Hawaii
- 1 round-trip coach flight from the US to Europe
- …and more!
And if you’re looking for more ways to rack-up American Airlines miles, check out my post about all the ways to earn American Airlines miles!
Usually, the sign-up bonus for the personal card is 30,000 miles, and 50,000 miles for the business card. So it’s great time to apply for either of these offers!
60,000 American Airlines miles is more than enough for 2 round-trip coach tickets within the continental US, a round-trip coach award from the US to Europe, and more!
Do you plan on taking advantage of these bigger sign-up bonuses?