Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Reddit, some folks are getting emails from Delta for a complimentary 3 months of Delta Gold Elite status! And the chance to keep the status for 12 months by completing 3 round-trip Delta flights 3 months after registering. But you must register by November 1, 2017.
Delta Gold status comes with things like increased elite qualification miles per $1, waived same-day confirmed and standby fees, priority security line access, and more!
I’ll tell you what you need to know about this deal.
Complimentary Delta Gold Elite Status
Check your inbox and spam folder for an email from Delta!
Folks are being targeted for 3 months of Delta Gold Elite Status. And they can keep the status for an additional 12 months if they complete 3 qualifying round-trips on Delta during those 3 months of complimentary elite status.
Here are the details.
- You must register by November 1, 2017, and
- You have 3 months after registering to complete 3 round-trip flights operated by Delta or Delta Connection (no flights operated by airline partners)
- You’re only eligible for this deal if you received an invitation email from Delta
- You’re NOT eligible if you’ve received a status match or complimentary upgrade in the past
- Only round-trip flights purchased that earn full mileage accrual are eligible (award flights and Miles + Cash are NOT eligible)
- Packages that include round-trip flights are NOT eligible (cruises, vacation packages, etc.)
We don’t know what exactly causes certain folks to be targeted for this offer, but Reddit users think it could be folks with a Delta small business card.
What Does Delta Gold Elite Status Come With?
Delta Gold elite status isn’t incredible, but it does come with a few helpful benefits! Here are some things you can expect with Delta Gold status:
- SkyTeam Lounge access for international flights
- Priority security line access
- Hertz Elite Status
- Waived same-day confirmed and standby fees
- Expedited baggage service
Note: You will NOT get Delta Gold elite status benefits with partner airlines (like SkyTeam lounge access) during the 3 month trial period.
This is a nice benefit for folks who fly Delta often! And don’t forget, through July 5, 2017, you’ll earn 60,000 Delta miles with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, and 70,000 Delta miles with the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express after completing minimum spending.
Check your email inbox and spam folder to see if you’re one of the lucky folks targeted for 3 months of complimentary Delta Gold status!
If you’re targeted, you must register by November 1, 2017, and complete 3 round-trip Delta operated flights in 3 months to keep Delta Gold status for 12 additional months!
Let me know if you’re targeted!