A couple weeks ago, I shared details of a valuable upcoming travel card, the U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card.
But the card also comes with a $400 annual fee. And only US Bank account holders are eligible to apply.
I’ll help you decide if this card is worth it!
The US Bank Altitude Reserve Is Official
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 50,000 points (worth $750 in travel!) after spending $4,500 on qualifying purchases within 90 days of account opening
- $325 travel credit every cardmember year (you can NOT get it twice before the second annual fee is due)
- 3X points on travel purchases
- 3X points on mobile wallet purchases (like Apple Pay or Samsung Pay)
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Complimentary 1-year membership to Priority Pass Select airport lounges, with 4 free entries per year for you and 1 guest (you will NOT get additional memberships for authorized users)
- 12 free Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi passes per calendar year
- Global Entry fee credit
Is This Card a Good Deal?
The card comes with a $400 annual fee, NOT waived the first year. And you’ll pay an additional $75 per authorized user. But the card benefits can easily outweigh the fees!
You’ll get the first $325 you spend on travel each year reimbursed. That brings the annual fee down to $75 per year!
Plus, you’ll earn 3X points on all mobile wallet transactions. And because each point is worth 1.5 cents towards travel, you’ll get an effective 4.5% back (3 points X 1.5 cents)!
The card also comes with a sign-up bonus worth $750 in travel, so it’s a no-brainer for the first year. You can use the card for ~11 months, and decide if the other card benefits are worth it to you before paying the annual fee a second time.
If you’re new to miles & points, I’d suggest applying for the Chase cards you want first. That way you aren’t restricted by Chase’s approval rules.
Note: US Bank is picky about approving folks for their cards. And they are known for pulling credit scores from unconventional credit bureaus! Here’s how you can improve your approval odds by freezing your credit from these bureaus.
To be eligible for this card, you’ll need to have a US Bank account open a minimum of 5 days before you apply. Like a checking account, savings account, mortgage, or a credit card.
You can now apply for the US Bank Altitude Reserve card! It comes with excellent perks like a 50,000 point sign-up bonus (worth $750 in travel), a $325 annual travel credit, and 3X points on all mobile wallet transactions!
But you must be a current US Bank customer, with a credit card, checking account, or savings account opened at least 5 days before you sign-up.