Via Reddit, you can earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements on the personal and small business versions of the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard.
Most recently, the sign-up bonus on the personal card was 30,000 American Airlines miles (50,000 miles for the small business version) after meeting minimum spending requirements. So these are much better offers!
I’ll explain the details of these offers. And what you can do with 60,000 American Airlines miles.
Earn More American Airlines Miles
The Citi American Airlines Platinum Select personal card is currently offering a 60,000 point sign-up bonus after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
The normal sign-up bonus for this card is 30,000 American Airlines miles. So you can earn double the number of American Airlines miles with this offer. That’s a good deal!
The card also comes with perks like:
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 1X American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
And the $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
You can also earn 60,000 American Airlines miles with the CitiBusiness AAdvantage card after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
And get additional perks like 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations. And a $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year.
Remember, Citi will NOT let you to earn the sign-up bonus from more than one personal card of the same “brand” within 24 months. For example, if you’ve opened or closed the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® in the past 24 months, you would NOT be eligible for the personal Citi AAdvantage Platinum sign-up bonus.
However, there’s an exception if you’ve had the CitiBusiness AAdvantage in the past 24 months. You can CAN earn the sign-up bonus on the personal card, because Citi says:
- American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
What Can You Do With 60,000 American Airlines Miles?
With 60,000 American Airlines miles, you can get:
- 2 round-trip coach flights within the mainland US (with points to spare!)
- 8 one-way coach flights less than 500 miles within the mainland US or Canada
- 3 one-way off-peak coach flights from the mainland US to Hawaii
- 1 round-trip coach flight from the US to Europe
- 1 one-way Business Class flight from the US to Europe
Don’t forget to check out my post about all the ways to earn American Airlines miles if you need more. And here are the top 6 big travel trips with the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 50,000 miles bonus!
For a limited time, there’s a higher sign-up bonus on the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select personal and small business cards. You’ll earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after completing the cards’ minimum spending requirements.
Usually, the sign-up bonus for the personal card is 30,000 miles and the sign-up bonus for the business card is 50,000 miles. So this is a great deal!
Because 60,000 American Airlines miles is more than enough for 2 round-trip coach tickets within the continental US, a round-trip coach award from the US to Europe, and more!