We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
A few weeks ago, I shared rumors that the Chase Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card would soon have a targeted, increased sign-up bonus of 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after meeting minimum spending requirements.
Now, via Doctor of Credit, it’s confirmed that this will be a targeted, in-branch ONLY offer beginning March 12, 2017. The online application will remain at 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after completing the minimum spending.
I’ll share the details and remind you of each card’s perks!
Chase Ink Preferred 100,000 Point Bonus
Starting March 12, 2017, targeted “Business Managed Customers” (specific businesses overseen by Branch Relationship Managers) will be able to apply for the improved bonus on the Chase Ink Business Preferred in-branch only on a limited basis.
According to a bank screenshot shared by Doctor of Credit, if you’re targeted, you’ll earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
With the Chase Ink Business Preferred, you’ll also get:
- 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points for every $1 you spend on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites, and search engines (up to a maximum of $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year)
- 1X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on all other purchases
- Up to $600 in cell phone insurance when you pay your cell phone bill with the card
- 25% bonus when you redeem points for travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal
- Primary auto rental insurance (CDW) when renting for business purposes, plus purchase and extended warranty protection
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived the first year with this new in-branch offer.
Again, it’s only targeted to certain “Business Managed Customers” on a limited basis.
Chase Ink Business Cash $500 (50,000-Point) Bonus
Starting on the same date, Chase will also target certain customers for an increased sign-up bonus on the Chase Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card. When you apply in-branch, you’ll earn a $500 sign-up bonus (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
The regular online application includes a $300 (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) sign-up bonus for the same minimum spending.
With this card, you’ll also get:
- 5% cash back (5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points) on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year
- 2% cash back (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points) on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- 1% cash back (1X Chase Ultimate Rewards point) on all other purchases
- NO annual fee
You can use the sign-up bonus for $500 cash back or toward a trip through Chase’s travel portal. Or, you can get Big Travel by transferring points to hotel and airline partners if you also have one of these cards:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase Ink Business Preferred
- Chase Ink Plus (no longer available)
- Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
The same fine print applies to this deal. Only targeted “Business Managed” Chase customers will be eligible.
If you’re not sure which card is right for you, check out my post on how to decide between the Chase Ink Business Preferred and Chase Ink Business Cash!
Tougher Chase Application Rules
Both the Chase Ink Business Preferred and Chase Ink Business Cash are impacted by Chase’s tighter application rules.
So if you’ve opened 5+ cards from any bank (except these business cards) in the past 24 months, it’s unlikely you’ll be approved for this card. It would be nice if these targeted offers are considered pre-approvals and NOT subject to the Chase 5/24 rule!
If you’re not sure how long you’ve had certain cards, here’s an easy way to check your Chase 5/24 status. And even if you have other Chase Ink cards, you can still apply for this new card because it’s considered a different card product.
If you can’t get approved for this new card because of the tougher rules, you can still consider other Chase travel cards, which are not impacted.
Or check out small business cards from other banks, like The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN, which currently offers a total of 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements.
Starting March 12, 2017, targeted “Business Managed Customers” will be able to apply in-branch only for improved offers on the Chase Ink Business Preferred and Chase Ink Business Cash cards.
You’ll earn a whopping 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after meeting minimum spending on the Chase Ink Business Preferred. Or $500 cash back (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) after completing the minimum spend on the Chase Ink Business Cash.
These are terrific offers if you’re eligible and have a Chase branch nearby. But if not, the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card or Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card online applications are still a very good deal!
Let me know if you’re targeted for these in-branch offers!