The new Flying Blue Promo Awards are out!
Starting today, December 1, 2016, you can book this month’s Promo Awards. You will get discounts on award flights to Europe from Mexico City and Toronto.
Even if you’ve never flown KLM or Air France, you may have points that transfer to the program. Because you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards, AMEX Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou points, and Starwood points to Flying Blue, at a ratio of 1:1!
I’ll tell you what you need to know about these discounted award tickets.
Flying Blue Promo Awards for December 2016
Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
And Flying Blue considers Algeria, Israel, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia part of Europe! So you can get discounted fares to places you might not have expected.
Starting today, December 1, 2016, you can save 25% on award flights to Europe from these cities:
- Mexico City – 18,750 miles one-way in coach (16,250 miles less than Delta and United Airlines charge)
- Toronto, Canada – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 15,625 miles less than Delta)
You can travel between February 1, 2017, and March 31, 2017, if you depart from Toronto. And you can travel between March 1, 2017, and March 31, 2017, if you depart from Mexico City.
You can fly from Toronto to Venice for cheap. And take part in the world-famous Carnival of Venice, which takes places from January 23, 2017, to February 9, 2017!
There’s NO discount on the taxes and fees, which vary depending on the route. The fees are usually ~$200 at most for a one-way Business Class flight. So decide if the miles you save will be worth the taxes that come with your particular flight!
And you’ll need to click through the Flying Blue Promo Awards site to get the deal.
You can only book flights on Air France or KLM to get the discount with Flying Blue miles. You can NOT fly on other SkyTeam partners like Delta or Korean Air. And you must use Flying Blue miles to book your ticket!
To get this deal you’ll have to book your flights by December 31, 2016.
Not Enough Flying Blue Miles?
Link: Citi Prestige Card
Link: Chase Sapphire Reserve
Link: Chase Sapphire Preferred
Link: Chase Ink Preferred
There are plenty of ways to earn more Flying Blue miles! The 4 major flexible points programs transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1:1. You can:
- Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points – You must have either the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Business Preferred, Chase Ink Plus (no longer available), or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Transfer Citi ThankYou Points – You must have the Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- Transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points – You’ll need cards like the AMEX Platinum, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, or AMEX EveryDay Preferred
- Transfer Starwood points – If you transfer 20,000 Starwood points at a time, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus!
You can book Flying Blue’s new Promo Awards starting today! But there aren’t many cities participating this time. You can fly to Europe from Mexico City or Toronto.
- Mexico City in coach one-way for 18,750 Flying Blue miles plus taxes and fees
- Toronto in Business Class one-way for 46,875 Flying Blue miles plus taxes and fees
That is far fewer miles than you’d pay for similar flights on Delta or United Airlines. But taxes and fees can be significantly higher. So take a look at your desired flight and decide if the award discount is worth the extra fees.
Let me know if you book a ticket!