Best of Million Mile Secrets – October 2016
Million Mile Secrets
Million Mile Secrets Team
Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. I let you know about the highest public offer I’ve ever seen on the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN. You can earn up to 100,000 bonus AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements!
100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards Points Is More Than Enough for an Award Ticket to Europe!
2. I let y’all know that Chase will soon launch a new small business card (with an 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards point sign-up bonus!) called the Chase Ink Preferred.
Earning 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points With the New Chase Ink Preferred Card Is Great News for Folks Who Like Big Travel!
3. I shared a few great Starwood – Marriott merger loopholes. Like how to transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points to Marriott and the secret way to transfer Starwood points to anyone. Plus tricks to better travel with your Marriott and Starwood points and how to get a $360+ weekend Starwood stay with 18,000 Chase Points!
Top Off Your Marriott Account With AMEX Membership Rewards Points for an Award Stay at the Relaxing Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
4. Don’t forget, . Because the Ink Plus card will be closed to new applicants soon! time is running out to apply for the Chase Ink Plus card with 5X bonus categories
If You Want to Earn 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards Points at Office Supply Stores, Now Is the Time to Apply for the Chase Ink Plus Card. Because Soon, New Applications Will NOT Be Accepted!
5. I explained whether the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Citi Prestige Card has better travel protection.
Did You Know Both the Citi Prestige Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve Card Offer Travel Protection Benefits for Plane, Train Rides, AND Cruises?
6. I showed you
how to fill out a Global Entry application. This saves you a LOT of time in airports if you travel frequently.
Avoid Long Lines at the Airport With Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
7. Do you know this easy way to track your Chase Freedom 5X spending?
Tracking Chase Freedom 5X Bonus Spending Can Help You Earn Points Toward Big Travel Like a Free Night at the Luxurious Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome!
8. I shared more negative changes to booking United Airlines award flights.
The United Airlines Multi-City Award Booking Feature Will Now Cost More Miles!
9. Do you know
whether it’s a better deal to book hotels through a travel website or directly through the hotel?
Can Booking Direct With the Hotel Chain Save You Money?
10. I wrote about the
secret way to get 5X points on Amazon (and other shopping) AMEX Platinum cards, like The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz or The Platinum Card from American Express!
Earn 5X AMEX Membership Rewards Points in Addition to Bonus United Airlines Miles When You Pay With Your AMEX Platinum Through the United MileagePlus X App!
Bonus: There were a few good deals on flights this month! I let you know about cheap flights to top destinations like Paris, Milan, Orlando, Los Angeles, and Cuba. These fares are now expired, because great deals like these don’t last long!
Follow me on
Twitter and Facebook, so you never miss another cheap fare!
If you liked this post, why don’t you join the
readers who have signed-up to receive 25,000+ free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an …because then you’ll never miss another update! RSS reader
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards® Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening No foreign transaction fees 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel. No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
17.24% - 24.24% Variable
Rates & Fees
Annual Fee $0 Intro for the First Year, then $95
Credit Needed Excellent Credit
Card Type Visa
Editorial Disclaimer: Neither the editorial content nor the comments on this site are provided by the companies whose products are featured. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser.