We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Have you started your holiday shopping?
This can be a good deal for folks who prefer online shopping like me!
I’ll share the details of how many bonus miles you can earn by shopping through the airline portals!
Bonus Airline Miles for Holiday Shopping 2016
With the holidays approaching, many airline shopping portals are offering bonuses after meeting certain spending requirements. These bonus points are in addition to miles you’ll earn per dollar of spending.
To earn the bonus miles, all spending requirements must be completed by November 20, 2016.
Here is a look at some holiday shopping portal bonus offers.
1. Alaska Airlines
With Alaska Airlines holiday bonus, you can earn:
- 500 Alaska Airlines miles when you spend $150
- 1,500 Alaska Airlines miles when you spend $500
- 3,000 Alaska Airlines miles when you spend $1,000
2. American Airlines
The American Airlines shopping portal bonus will get you:
- 500 American Airlines miles when you spend $150
- 2,500 American Airlines miles when you spend $750
- 5,000 American Airlines miles when you spend $1,500
3. United Airlines
And through the United Airlines shopping portal, you’ll get
- 500 United Airlines miles when you spend $150
- 2,500 United Airlines miles when you spend $750
- 5,000 United Airlines miles when you spend $1,500
Other airline portals may have similar bonus offers coming up including:
You can expect to see any bonus miles in your account 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion ends. So this deal is not good if you need the bonus miles quickly.
And keep in mind only eligible purchases count toward the spending requirements. Gift cards do NOT count.
The airline shopping portal purchases do NOT code as travel purchases with a credit card. So it’s best to use a card like the Chase Freedom Unlimited to earn 1.5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent. Or to meet a minimum spending requirement for a new card bonus.