There’s lots of competition in the miles & points world these days. So it’s exciting to hear about potential new cards that can make Big Travel With Small Money possible!
I’ll fill you in on what I know!
AMEX Hilton Diamond Card
Link: Doctor of Credit
There’s a possibility AMEX will introduce a new AMEX Hilton Diamond card.
Folks on Reddit have been speculating based on a survey AMEX sent to cardholders.
AMEX has NOT confirmed the rumor. And there’s no official word on timing or a potential sign-up bonus for the card. But based on information gathered by Doctor of Credit, the card perks could include:
- Free Hilton Diamond status
- 14 Hilton points per $1 you spend at Hilton hotels
- 7 Hilton points per $1 you spend at US restaurants, car rental agencies, and airfare purchased directly from airlines
- 3 Hilton points per $1 you spend on all other purchases
- Free night at participating Hilton hotels after spending $12,000 annually
- $250 annual travel credit for incidental fees like baggage fees
- Free Priority Pass membership
The card’s annual fee could be $395.
Automatically earning Hilton Diamond status would be a terrific perk! Because you normally need 30 stays or 60 nights to earn Hilton’s highest status.
With Diamond status, you get:
- 50% elite bonus points on stays
- 5th night free on award stays (same as Hilton Silver and Gold status)
- Free breakfast at many Hilton locations
- Room upgrades at eligible hotels
- 1,000 Hilton bonus points per stay at Conrad, Embassy Suites, and Waldorf Astoria hotels
- 750 Hilton bonus points per stay at Hilton Garden Inn hotels
A new card would be great news for folks who took advantage of the limited time offers for the current AMEX Hilton cards. Because you can only earn the sign-up bonus from AMEX cards once, per person, per lifetime. So a new card could be an opportunity to earn a sign-up bonus!
Do I Believe the Rumor?
Yes! Recently, AMEX has made changes to other cards like The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN and The Platinum Card® from American Express. I believe most of these changes were introduced to match the amazing cards offered by AMEX competitors, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
So a new premium AMEX Hilton card would make sense. Because it would compete with the Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards card.
It will be very interesting to learn about the potential new card’s sign-up bonus and how it competes with 3 free nights offered on the Ritz-Carlton card.
I love the potential new competition versus the Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards card.
I’ll be sure to update you once I know more!