Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
You can now sign-up for the new no annual fee Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card. It earns 1.5% back on purchases. And 1.8% back on Android Pay and Apple Pay purchases made during the first 12 months after account opening.
But there’s NO sign-up bonus.
For most folks this is probably NOT the best cash back card. I’ll explain and give you alternatives!
What’s the Deal With the Cash Wise Visa?
You’ll need to have an existing Wells Fargo banking relationship to apply for the Cash Wise card online. Or, you can apply in a local branch.
There’s NO sign-up bonus on the new card. You’ll get:
- 1.5% cash back on purchases
- 1.8% cash back on Android Pay and Apple Pay purchases made during the first 12 months
- Cell phone protection insurance
- No annual fee
My favorite perk on this card is the cell phone protection insurance.
If you pay your monthly cell phone bill with the Cash Wise card, you’ll be eligible for up to $600 in cell phone protection if your phone is damaged or stolen.
The cell phone protection covers the primary phone and the first 3 phone numbers that appear on the monthly bill.
You’ll need to pay a $25 deductible, so you’re effectively getting $575 toward a new phone.
This benefit can save you money instead of paying for third party cell phone insurance.
Here are the the full terms and conditions of the program.
Similar but Better Cards
Besides the cell phone insurance benefit, there are lots of no-fee credit cards that earn more cash back for regular spending, including:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited – Earn 1.5% cash back per $1 you spend. Here’s my review of the Freedom Unlimited.
- Citi Double Cash Card – Earn 1% cash back on purchases and 1% cash back as you pay for those purchases in full or over time. Here’s my review.
- Discover it® Miles – Earn 1.5 miles per $1 you spend (matched at the end of the first 12 billing cycles for new cardholders). Here’s my review of the card.
- Fidelity Visa Signature – Earn 2 Fidelity points per $1 (2% cash back) on all spending, when you deposit your rewards points into a Fidelity account. Here’s my full review.
My favorite is the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Because you can earn:
- 15,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points ($150) when you sign-up and spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account
- 1.5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (1.5% cash back) per $1 you spend on all purchases with NO limit
- No annual fee
And the main reason is that when you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Plus, or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available) card, you can transfer the Ultimate Rewards points to travel partners for Big Travel!
The new no annual fee Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa card is now open for applications. You can earn 1.5% back on purchases and 1.8% back on Android Pay and Apple Pay purchases made during the first 12 months after account opening.
We don’t earn a commission on the Wells Fargo Cash Wise card, but we’ll always tell you about interesting deals!
You’ll get cell phone protection insurance when you pay your monthly cell phone bill with the card. So you can get up to $575 towards a new cell phone if your phone is damaged or stolen.