Update: Beginning July 23, 2017, the 4th night free perk will refund the average cost of a 4-night stay, NOT including taxes.
WOW Air is having a sale to Iceland and Europe for flights departing from Baltimore and Boston.
Pay just $99 one-way to Reykjavik this fall. And $189 one-way to Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Stockholm.
And folks in Los Angeles can fly one-way to Amsterdam for just $199 in July!
Return flights to the US cost more, but most are reasonable.
I’ll share the details!
Pack Light, Pay Less!
Link: WOW Air
Link: My Review of WOW Air
Link: My Iceland Trip Report
Avoid their fees by skipping seat selection, only bring a carry-on that fits under your seat, and don’t check a bag.
Departing From Baltimore
I found $99 one-way flights on WOW Air to Iceland in September, October, November, and December 2016. Flights back home cost $159 and higher.
There are also very cheap $189 one-way fares to popular European cities.
Departing From Boston
Fly out of Boston in September, October, November, and December 2016 for $99. Fly back for $149 or more depending on the dates.
Boston has the same $159 one-way fares to European cities.
Departing From Los Angeles
You’ll find $199 one-way flights from Los Angeles to Amsterdam with 1 stop Reykjavik in July 2016. Flights back are NOT cheap.
The Flight Home
Return on WOW Air or another airline. Or use miles to book your one-way flight on another airline!
Tips for Folks Visiting Iceland
Best Credit Cards to Buy Flights
Book flights with a credit card that earns bonus miles & points for airline purchases, like:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend on travel and terrific trip delay insurance
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, although I’ve found you almost always get the points even if you book through a 3rd party site like Orbitz!
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – get 2% back when you redeem miles for $100+ travel purchases, including airfare
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
Where to Stay?
Note: If you’re booking a paid stay, it’s worth checking discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. Keep in mind, you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
If you prefer a more local experience, Airbnb is a great way to save money, especially for longer stays. Here are my tips for getting a better Airbnb price and how to choose a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
Flights to Iceland and Europe are on sale with WOW Air, departing from Baltimore and Boston.
Pay $99 one-way to Reykjavik, Iceland. And $189 one-way to Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Stockholm.
And folks in Los Angeles can fly one-way to Amsterdam for just $199 in July.