Update: This offer for the Starwood AMEX cards is no longer available but check Hot Deals for the latest offers!
If you’ve been considering the improved 35,000 point offers on the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest personal and small business cards, it’s your last chance to apply!
To earn the better bonus, your application must be received by tomorrow, March 30, 2016.
You can use the sign-up bonus from either card for $1,000+ worth of hotel stays. Or transfer points to terrific airline partners like American Airlines. This is a terrific deal!
Final Call for the AMEX Starwood Cards!
Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Usually, the bonus on the AMEX Starwood personal and small business cards is 25,000 Starwood points, although typically it’s increased to 30,000 points for a short time in the summer.
So this is an unusually good offer! Apply by March 30, 2016 (tomorrow!), and you’ll get:
- 35,000 Starwood points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account (personal card), OR
- 35,000 Starwood points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account (small business card)
- 2 points per $1 you spend at Starwood hotels (includes Aloft, Design Hotels, Element, Four Points, Le Meridien, Sheraton, St Regis, The Luxury Collection, Tribute Portfolio, Westin and W brand hotels)
- 1 Starwood point per $1 you spend on everything else
- Unlimited use of Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots (excluding in-flight)
- For small business cardholders, access to Sheraton Club lounges (free breakfast and hors d’oeuvres) for cardholder and 1 guest staying in the same room (3rd-party bookings are excluded).
- 2 stay credits or 5 night credits toward Starwood Elite Status
- $95 annual fee, waived for the 1st year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Terms & limitations apply
Remember, American Express only allows folks to get the sign-up bonus ONCE per person, per lifetime on ALL their cards.
You’ve Earned the Bonus – Now Go Travel!
Depending on how you like to travel, you could use the sign-up bonus for 1 or 2 nights at a luxury resort. Or book more nights at lower category hotels or by using Starwood’s 5th night free perk or cash & points bookings!
And don’t forget, you can transfer Starwood points to 30+ airline partners. And earn a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 Starwood points you transfer in most cases!
Here are some ideas for how to make the most of the AMEX Starwood 35,000 point sign-up bonus:
- 5 Nights & 2 Tickets to Disney With 2 Starwood Cards
- 7 Week-Long Vacation Ideas Using Starwood’s 35,000 Point Bonus
- 6 Super 6-Night Starwood Stays Using Starwood’s Sign-Up Bonus + $660
- How to Use the Starwood Card Bonus to Fly Business Class to the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and in the US
- 100,000 Lufthansa Miles With 2 Cards for Business Class to Europe or 5 One-Ways to Hawaii
- 5 Fun and Free 5-Night Hotel Stays Using the Starwood Card’s Limited-Time 35,000 Point Bonus
- 5 More Terrific European Hotels to Book With Starwood Points
- 5 More Excellent Hotels in the US to Splurge on With Starwood Points
- How to Get 2 Round-Trips (or 4 One-Ways) to the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and in US With Starwood Card Bonus
- 10-Night Award Stays Using Starwood Points and No Money
- How to Get 11 Consecutive Award Nights With the Starwood Card Bonus
- “Save Then Splurge” for Longer Starwood Stays in Cancun, Phoenix, Montreal, & More!
Still need inspiration? Check out my previous series on top hotels to book with Starwood points:
- 5 Top European Hotels to Book With Starwood Points
- 5 Excellent Hotels in the US to Splurge on With Starwood Points
- 5 Outstanding Starwood Hotels in the Caribbean & Mexico
- 5 Luxurious Starwood Hotels in Asia & Australia
- 5 Fantastic Starwood Hotels in Central & South America
- 5 of the Best US Beaches With Starwood Hotels
Let me know how you’ll use your Starwood 35,000 point sign-up bonus!