Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Million Mile Secrets reader John commented:
Any idea how long the Chase Sapphire Preferred sign-up bonus of 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points will be around?
That’s a 10,000 point increase from the previous offer on this card!
I have great news, John! It looks like this deal is going to be around for a while! Chase has NOT indicated this is a limited time offer. That said, Chase can change their mind at any point.
Each card waives the $95 annual fee for the 1st year, but the minimum spending on the Chase Sapphire Preferred is $1,000 higher.
You could transfer the 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points you earn with your Chase Sapphire Preferred to Hyatt for a night at the elegant Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in Colorado. And with a bit more spending you’ll have enough for 2 nights!
Other benefits John will get with the Chase Sapphire Preferred include:
- 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent on travel and dining
- 1X Chase Ultimate Rewards point per $1 spent on other purchases
- 5,000 bonus Chase Ultimate Rewards points when you add an authorized user who makes a purchase within the 1st 3 months
- Primary car rental insurance – Covers damage or theft to your rental car, when you pay for the rental with your card
- Trip delay reimbursement – Get up to $500 back per ticket when your trip is delayed more than 12 hours
- NO foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the 1st year. And there’s likely plenty of time to sign-up!
If you’ve opened ~5 or more credit cards in the past 24 months, it’s unlikely Chase will approve you for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Or other Chase Ultimate Rewards points-earning cards like the Chase Ink Plus, Chase Freedom, or Chase Ink Cash.
Thanks for your question, John!