Is the lousy February weather getting you down? Here’s a chance to plan a cheap getaway with excellent sale fares for non-stop flights on Frontier Airlines! And other airlines like American Airlines are dropping prices to compete!
There are terrific routes on sale, including:
- Chicago (O’Hare) to Orlando for $88 round-trip
- Denver to Washington, DC (National) for $158 round-trip
- New York (LaGuardia) to Miami for $120 round-trip
This would be a great opportunity to surprise the kids with a trip to Disney. Or visit Washington, DC, in early spring to visit museums and see the cherry blossoms!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Frontier Airlines
Check out the sale page for more details. I found cheap non-stop flights to many popular destinations, including Las Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, San Francisco, Tampa, and Washington, DC.
Travel dates vary depending on the route, and there are a few blackout dates. And for most destinations, you must book by February 26, 2016 (tomorrow!) to get in on the deal.
Travel Light & Carefree to Avoid Fees
Remember, Frontier Airlines charges extra fees for checked bags, carry-on bags that go in the overhead bin, and seat selection. That said, you can bring a lot of stuff in a small carry-on under your seat – or your coat pockets! 😉
If you decide to pay for bags, it’s cheaper to do so online before you fly. For example, you’ll pay $35 for a large carry-on bag online (at least 24 hours prior to departure). If you pay at check-in, the price jumps to $45, and at the gate it costs $60!
Note: You’ll get Zone 1 boarding when you purchase a carry-on bag. So you’ll have more time to settle in and store your bags!
I don’t usually fly Frontier Airlines because I prefer Southwest. Because everyone gets 2 free checked bags and there are never any cancellation or change fees.
That said, I love it when Frontier Airlines has a sale! It increases competition and often other airlines will lower their fares on the same route.
As always, it pays to shop around and do the math to be sure you’re getting the best deal!
Pay With the Right Credit Card!
Remember to pay with a card that will earn you bonus points for your ticket:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points when booking directly with airlines
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 3X American Express Membership Rewards points for booking directly with airlines when you choose this as your 3X category (otherwise 2X points)
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – 2.1% back
when you redeem for $100+ travel purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel
- Citi Prestige Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a cheap flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
Airbnb is another terrific way to save money on lodging, especially for longer stays. Or for folks to prefer a more local feel. Here are some tips on how to negotiate a better Airbnb price. And how to find a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
Let me know if you book a flight!